Curious about flirting...need advice

F@llen_@ngel

I'm interested in an older man..not a big age difference....he teases me a lot, and we're friends. Anyhoo.

How do you flirt with an older man without a)seeminbg desperate, b)seeming easy.

Also, I heard a rumour about him, and it goes like this—he seems a little 'loose' around the workplace. He's been said to go beyond flirting with coworkers.

Should I be worried about this, since on occaisonal day, 'our companies merge' and we have to work together,?

Help!

I'm interested in an older man..not a big age difference....he teases me a lot, and we're friends. Anyhoo.

How do you flirt with an older man without a)seeminbg desperate, b)seeming easy.

Fallen Angel,

Flirting, no matter what the age, is pretty much the same art all around. Rather than worry about being desperate or "easy," focus on being yourself and not acting like someone you're not. If you're concerned that you might be a little too forward, then take your time and think it through. If you're going to be concerned with being something you're not, however, you will appear, if anything, unnatural.

Also, I heard a rumour about him, and it goes like this—he seems a little 'loose' around the workplace. He's been said to go beyond flirting with coworkers.

Should I be worried about this, since on occaisonal day, 'our companies merge' and we have to work together,?

Help!

If by being "loose" you mean that he has a reputation for being promiscuous with co-workers in sexual manners, then the only consern you should really have is of his expectations should you get into a relationship with this individual. However, if he poses a threat to you in some way due to sexual advances, etc. then that could be construed as sexual harassment. Dating someone you work with can lead to additional stress throughout the relationship and if you end the relationship at some point in time. You should definitely live two separate lives... one professional (at work) and the other personal and strictly follow those guidelines and demand that he do the same.

If you have any other questions, feel free to reply here or join us in the channel!

-LoveHost

• 2 weeks later...

Help!

I would have to say that with any type of developing relationship you need to be careful...but don't let what everyone else tells you be your way of deciding what to do about it...I mean if you want to try it out then go for it...but follow your gut insticnts...and always trust yourself...

Ici

• 6 months later...

Do you work at the White House?

With that out of the way, I would suggest being aware that if he has engaged in this type of behavior with other co-workers, then he is not looking for a serious relationship and when he is done with you he would keep moving on. If you are looking for a long-term relationship, my suggestion is that he is not the proper man for it.

Best of luck!