Physical Attraction - How much is enough??

I've been dating a wonderful woman - Sue (I'm 30 - she's 28) - on and off for nearly one year. Sue is the deepest, most sincere woman I've ever met.

When we first met - through a mutual friend - I sensed a deep emotional connection and attraction. While I always think that Sue is a beautiful person, there are times when I look at Sue and think she is truly physically beautiful and other times when I am not so attracted to her. Sue is a dancer - she has a great figure - so that's not the issue. Sue has a lot of hair! Both on her head and otherwise. Don't get me wrong she is very 'neat' woman but she has hair on her arms and I don't find that to be: 1) very feminine; or 2) very attractive.

I know how shallow this sounds - and I expect some of you will 'let me have it' but any advice would be welcome.

P.S. - Sue and I have enjoyed a very active / passionate sex life - is this just me being commitment phobic, i.e., looking for something / anything to sabatoge relationship?!?

I've been dating a wonderful woman - Sue (I'm 30 - she's 28) - on and off for nearly one year. Sue is the deepest, most sincere woman I've ever met. When we first met - through a mutual friend - I sensed a deep emotional connection and attraction. While I always think that Sue is a beautiful person, there are times when I look at Sue and think she is truly physically beautiful and other times when I am not so attracted to her. Sue is a dancer - she has a great figure - so that's not the issue. Sue has a lot of hair! Both on her head and otherwise. Don't get me wrong she is very 'neat' woman but she has hair on her arms and I don't find that to be: 1) very feminine; or 2) very attractive.

I know how shallow this sounds - and I expect some of you will 'let me have it' but any advice would be welcome. P.S. - Sue and I have enjoyed a very active / passionate sex life - is this just me being commitment phobic, i.e., looking for something / anything to sabatoge relationship?!?

What you need to realize is that no woman is going to be perfect. Nobody's perfect. And if you try really hard, such as you are doing right now, you can find something wrong about ANYBODY in this world.

Think about it. How horrible is it that she has hair on her arms? Would you rather be dating a woman with emotional problems ... or hair on her arms? Or how about a woman with crazy parents? Or how about a woman that only cares about spending your money? Or how about a woman that never wants to have sex? You need to realize that if all you can find wrong with this woman is the hair on her arms, BE THANKFUL! You might never find another person as wonderful as her.

My guess is: if something as insignificant as exessive body hair propells you to write about it and to ask for an advice, then perhaps your connection with Sue and your attraction to her do not run as deep as you might (or want to) think.

I think you pretty much said it all yourself: you may be looking for a way out of this relationship. Just be honest with yourself and with Sue.

I've been dating a wonderful woman - Sue (I'm 30 - she's 28) - on and off for nearly one year. Sue is the deepest, most sincere woman I've ever met. When we first met - through a mutual friend - I sensed a deep emotional connection and attraction. While I always think that Sue is a beautiful person, there are times when I look at Sue and think she is truly physically beautiful and other times when I am not so attracted to her. Sue is a dancer - she has a great figure - so that's not the issue. Sue has a lot of hair! Both on her head and otherwise. Don't get me wrong she is very 'neat' woman but she has hair on her arms and I don't find that to be: 1) very feminine; or 2) very attractive.

I know how shallow this sounds - and I expect some of you will 'let me have it' but any advice would be welcome. P.S. - Sue and I have enjoyed a very active / passionate sex life - is this just me being commitment phobic, i.e., looking for something / anything to sabatoge relationship?!?

how about getting rid of that arm hair??

wax or laser can do it ...

Thank you for your responses. You've accurately articulated my internal conflict. You can see why I'm so confused!
wordsofwisdom

Remember, everyone grows hair in all kinds of places. Some people just shave it off. For instance, and not to seem nasty, even girls have hair on their asses. It just that some people would rather have girls with no hair in places except for their head. Remember, hair is not a physical attribute that must stay, it can always be removed. If it bothers you that much, and you are close to this woman, by all means let her know. Some people may not have noticed that they offend others. Hair is by all means natural.

I had a girlfriend in high school that was fit, fun to e with, and f***ed me every weekend.

She loved me. I tried to love her. What stopped me?

Chest hair!

It is shallow, I know it, but it was really weird to feel her up and run my fingers across admittedly fair and peach fuzzy hair between her breasts.

I never told her that is why io broke up with her, but it was the reason.