kept at arms length

hate dating

I've been dating a woman for a little over a month now whom has more potential as a long term partner than anyone I've been with so far. We live very close to each other so the opportunity to spend time together shouldn't be a problem. However, I feel very much kept at arms length at the point in which I would think both of us would be trying to get as much time together as we possibly could. It takes me a while to get comfortable enough with someone to really be myself and seeing her maybe twice a week isn't enough to get me over this threshold. What has me worried is if I don't relax enough around her soon she may decide she is wasting her time with me. But I need more frequent togetherness and can't seem to get there. Of course she has her life and I'm busy too (temporally) but the lack of effort on her part seems deliberate. The major problem is I'm afraid if I push too much I'll push her away, maybe she thinks I'll get to close to fast and let myself get my feelings hurt if in fact it doesn'nt work out. Dating is not my area of expertise which leaves me with a lot of anxiety as far as what to expect as time goes by. Any Thoughts??

Hold yer horses. She's not ready and apparently does not want an everyday relationship right now. If you want a chance for this to develop into something substancial, go with the flow. Take it slow and let it go it's own course.

Find some comfort in your alone time and in the time you spend with other people, not just the time you spend with a partner. Even if later on this turns into a more committed relationship, it is a good idea for each person to keep enjoying life without their partner.

In my opinion, it is not a good idea to spend every free moment you have with your partner. If you are uncomfortable with yourself when you are alone or when you are away from her, she will want to be around you even less.

A person that has a life of their own is much more attractive than someone who is waiting to find someone else to cling to. Does that make sense?