morning people

Crystal

my b'f is such a grouch in the mornings that i am seriously thinking about leaving his ass. if he sleeps good then he is not too bad, but if he don't then he is crabby in the mornings even after his coffee. i on the other hand seem to wake up the same reguardless of good or crappy i may sleep. this is really wearing on me and i am at the point where i don't even like him in the mornings anymore and i can't even wait until he leaves the house, sad huh?

well i've also noticed lately that im beginning to act alot like him and i hate this about me.

the good thing is i am mostly that with just him but i have noticed how it has rubbed off on some but not too bad.

for instance when i try to talk to him he is too busy or too distracted to hear me, but does make an attempt.

i feel put off by this then later when he says something to me, i find myself sometimes intentionally other times not intentionally responding like he does. of course it don't even bother him, go figure huh? anyway, i try to stay away from him in the morning but it's hard to cause we do live together. i'm just getting sick and tired of his crankiness.

one evening in the store he was getting tired and i was shopping for a pair of pants for this funeral, and he got tired and cranky and acted just like a little brat who needed a nap. i told him so too and he didn't even care that i had said you are acting like a little boy who needs a nap, you are a grown man you should be in better control of your emotions then this.

anyway, how does one deal with someone like this short of leaving them? any thoughts, suggestions, ideas would be greatly appreciated, and real soon as i'm ready to pack up but i do love the cranky ole thug but not in the mornings.

It sounds to me like he needs a wake up call. A classic taken for granted episode. Men tend to be alittle grumpy in the mornings but if you are pointing this out to him on a regular basis why hasn't he got the decency to pull himself together and respect you when he beings an arse in the mornings. If he insists on behaving like a small child, treat him like one!! kids that throw unnecessary tantrums in public get told that their behaviour wont get them anywhere especially when they are after attention so just treat him a little like that (fed up mother) and show him your not having it.

my b'f is such a grouch in the mornings that i am seriously thinking about leaving his ass. if he sleeps good then he is not too bad, but if he don't then he is crabby in the mornings even after his coffee. i on the other hand seem to wake up the same reguardless of good or crappy i may sleep. this is really wearing on me and i am at the point where i don't even like him in the mornings anymore and i can't even wait until he leaves the house, sad huh? well i've also noticed lately that im beginning to act alot like him and i hate this about me.

the good thing is i am mostly that with just him but i have noticed how it has rubbed off on some but not too bad. for instance when i try to talk to him he is too busy or too distracted to hear me, but does make an attempt. i feel put off by this then later when he says something to me, i find myself sometimes intentionally other times not intentionally responding like he does. of course it don't even bother him, go figure huh? anyway, i try to stay away from him in the morning but it's hard to cause we do live together. i'm just getting sick and tired of his crankiness. one evening in the store he was getting tired and i was shopping for a pair of pants for this funeral, and he got tired and cranky and acted just like a little brat who needed a nap. i told him so too and he didn't even care that i had said you are acting like a little boy who needs a nap, you are a grown man you should be in better control of your emotions then this. anyway, how does one deal with someone like this short of leaving them? any thoughts, suggestions, ideas would be greatly appreciated, and real soon as i'm ready to pack up but i do love the cranky ole thug but not in the mornings.

All I can do is sympathize with you. I just broke up with my ex of 2 years about 1-1/2 months ago, because he is the biggest baby who played lots of games and always wanted things his way. He was also a lying cheater. He wasn't grouchy in the morning, he was just a child pretty much throughout the day and would always try to turn things around and try to make it my fault. I don't think it's just your man or my ex-man, I think it's a lot of men in general. You can talk to them until you're blue in the face, but it doesn't do any good sometimes, especially if it's in their nature to be grouchy, moody or selfish.

If this guy makes you unhappy, believe me, leave him. You'll feel so much better about yourself. It's really not so bad - being alone I mean. There are lots of decent guys out there I hear. I'm going to find one of them and so can you. Then maybe I'll find someone who's not a selfish, lying cheater and you'll find someone who make you breakfast in the morning, rather than fighting you.