Oxymorons

Troll2.0

ooooh...i can think of a few...how about:

"jumbo shrimp"

"pretty ugly"

woo...that was fun.

Peaches

You know, things like " military intelligence"

So who can tell me what " negative growth" really is?

It's a term used by stupid members of the media to describe losses rather than gains in the economy, in a company's earnings, in the stock market, etc.

The term presupposes that as long as the earth is spinning, everything is in a growth stage. It also presumes that when the decline ceases, growth (or existence) will stagnate for a time, and then resume growing...which it normally does with all the examples stated in the above paragraph.

I guess to many, negative growth just sounds better or is a kinder thing to say than just plain LOSS.

I suppose you could say that almost anything negative can be a growth experience. In human terms, break ups, divorces, etc. are somewhat negative events but are growth experiences as well. We become stronger and grow spiritually, emotionally and other ways as a result of what is considered by most to be negative experiences.

One of the best negative growth experiences I can recollect in the business world occurred in 1980 when Lee Iacocca, then chairman of The Chrysler Corporation, had to get the U.S. government to guarantee $1 billion in loans to the company in order to keep it afloat.

The negative experience was certainly a growing experience for the company. They went from near bankruptcy and a stock price of under $3 per share to complete solvency and a stock price of over $35 per share in just a few years. They are still in business today.