need help! should i move?

blondie21

i am having a major dilema! i recently moved and then had to move back home because my roommate and i had major problems. i had already gotten a job and planned to start college there in january. my boyfriend has plans to go to college there also. since i don't have a place to live there now, my boyfriend wants me to get an apartment with him, but my family doesn't approve of cohabitation before marraige. my boyfriend and i plan on getting married in a year or two, but we want to finish school first so that we can have the wedding that we want. my family doesn't understand this. i'm stuck in the middle and i don't know what to do! i have to make a decision soon. help!!!

Go get a marriage license...$25. Borrow a ring from a friend...$0. Go to a Notary Public, judge, clergy or other authorized person and get married...$25. Invite family and friends over to your house for hot dogs, hamburgers and Cokes...$35 plus or minus.

Go to college, work together, live together, love each other, make some nice memories, etc.

After you graduate, plan a magnificent wedding at the church of your choice. Plan the ceremony you want with a beautiful gown, bridemaids, ushers and all the trimmings. Get a caterer, a band and a hall for the reception. And throw yourself the grandest wedding (renewal of vows) you can possibly do...$20,000 plus or minus.

Love each other until death do you part.

You're making this out to be a bigger dilemma than it really is. I have two words for you:

Live alone.

There's no law that says you have to have a roommate. Living with your boyfriend against your parent's wishes is not your only solution. If you're starting college, there might be dorms? Or, find a nice little studio apartment and live by yourself. Or if you are absolutely against living on your own, you might try Simply Roomates. I know of some people who have found very decent people to live with through their service.

i am having a major dilema! i recently moved and then had to move back home because my roommate and i had major problems. i had already gotten a job and planned to start college there in january. my boyfriend has plans to go to college there also. since i don't have a place to live there now, my boyfriend wants me to get an apartment with him, but my family doesn't approve of cohabitation before marraige. my boyfriend and i plan on getting married in a year or two, but we want to finish school first so that we can have the wedding that we want. my family doesn't understand this. i'm stuck in the middle and i don't know what to do! i have to make a decision soon. help!!!

I supsect from the concern expressed for finding a roomate and finishing school, (plus the common knowledge that most college students or parents of most college students are up the yahoos in debt),that shortage of funds presents a problem. Besides, how often does one find a nice little studio apartment (or anything for that matter) when they absolutely need it?

I have little practical advice to offer at the moment either.

You're making this out to be a bigger dilemma than it really is. I have two words for you: Live alone. There's no law that says you have to have a roommate. Living with your boyfriend against your parent's wishes is not your only solution. If you're starting college, there might be dorms? Or, find a nice little studio apartment and live by yourself. Or if you are absolutely against living on your own, you might try Simply Roomates. I know of some people who have found very decent people to live with through their service.