Is there any way?

Bean

A few weeks ago i cheated on my boyfriend. I kissed another bloke while on holiday. My best friend when she found out wouldnt see me anymore. She then told my boyfriend what i had done. He, as you would expect, was not very pleased but he forgave me. A couple of days later, after i had come back from france i got a phone call from him saying that he didnt want to go out with me anymore. He said he still really liked me, but that he couldnt get out of his head whati had done. He claimed that everytime we had seen each other between him finding out and him breaking up with me he had been putting on a brave face, and that he was actually really annoyed about it all the time. Although i do not believe this because he is not the kind of person to do that. He does not hide his feelings, and he was way too loving to be putting it on. Is there any way i can pursuade him to believe me how sorry i am and how much i love him? Is there something i should say??? Do you have any advice for me?

People usually don't do things they don't want to do. Your boyfriend wanted to break up with you, for whatever reason. This came along and was convenient. Whether it was the actual reason or not, I don't know. But if you told him the entire story in detail and he broke up with you, he had some reason. Not trusting you is sufficient.

First of all, when you make this kind of mistake...keep your mouth shut. This best friend you had was obviously NOT your best friend or a any kind of friend at all. Stay away from her from now until the end of the world.

We pay for our indiscretions and misdeeds in one way or another. If your boyfriend doesn't want to hang in there and give you another chance, I can understand.

You don't just go out and kiss some guy and expect the news not to get around.

Everything happens for a reason. Perhaps you will find a better guy in time and you will know not to do this...or if you do, not to discuss it with friends and not to talk about it to anyone.

Right now, to your ex it's not a question of how much you love him. He doesn't care. It's a question of every time you are out of his site, are you going to hit on some other guy? That sort of stuff is hard for a guy to take out of his mind. It's pretty hard for a gal to forget that too if her man does the same thing.