LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > Archive

Telling on ppl for skipping school

Archive A collection of the original messages posted on LoveShack.org's LoveTalk Forum from 1997-2001.

Old 26th August 2001, 6:22 PM   #1
Deep

Telling on ppl for skipping school

Say u have a clasmate called Mark

If you saw Mark in recess but not in a period. The staff will ask where everyone mark is. Well, what will you say?

a) I don't know (thats basically turn a blind eyes)

or b) tell the truth directly in front of the class

or c) tell the truth after the class, like a tattale

or d) tell the truth when staff asked u specially

Where as B or C are my answer last yr. this yr, I will be very flexible by saying answer A unless if D occurs. I asked a lot of my elders like people in the previous 2 generations, or my bro, my cousins, etc.

they all said there is only one way to help me to increase peers as my number of peers is low.

They say it is simply to be flexible as they ask me to try to stand at that person's side like I am the skyver, what ur feeling if someone did that to u

Old 26th August 2001, 6:37 PM   #2
Established Member

Re: Telling on ppl for skipping school

Since truancy is a misdemeanor crime, if you don't tell the truth and report such acts you can be charged with obstruction of justice, also a crime.

You don't have to go out of your way to make things known, but if you're asked the law obligates you to tell the truth.
Old 27th August 2001, 1:09 AM   #3
Deep

To Tony : truancy ??? (no message)

Quote:
Since truancy is a misdemeanor crime, if you don't tell the truth and report such acts you can be charged with obstruction of justice, also a crime. You don't have to go out of your way to make things known, but if you're asked the law obligates you to tell the truth.

Old 27th August 2001, 1:30 AM   #4
Established Member

Re: To Tony : truancy ??? (no message)

Skipping a class, skipping school or missing any assigned sessions during grades 1 through 12 is called truancy. A person who skips school, certain classes or assigned sessions is a truant.

Most school districts in the United States have Truant Officers, assigned to investigate the whereabouts of certain pupils and students who repeatedly miss classes or days of school.

The action taken once truants are identified depends on many factors, including the frequency of the infraction.