i like him but hes a little pushy

Ive just met a new friend same age as me,from India.

He sent me his picture and I couldnt stop looking at it.so thats where ive been lately in love....i really care about him alot and I hope someday this friendship turns in to love.

We chat in messenger from about 1 hour every night.I really like him alot from the last friendship I had with the guy from India but this one seems a bit pushy.When we talk he will say "ask me some questions" so I start asking him some questions but then I dont want to ask him alot cause Im afraid Ill offend him.Then when I asked him if he had work he sounded upset.He said " Why?"I only asked him cause he told me it was 2 am in India and I didnt want to keep him up.But I try to come up with things to talk about such as the music he likes ,what he likes to eat.Then he will keep saying "talk to me..then i say "to him "im trying to think of something to ask you"

Everytime we start talking we fall into a silence the screen gets quiet I dont know what it is,I just all of a sudden dont know what to say to him.

Im just not used to him yet.But I really do like him.just not used having to talk about alot of things like he expects me too :)

I don't know where you live but there are massive cultural differences between India and many other countries, particularly the United States.

Indian people are very friendly and extremely sharp business people. They are also very religious, traditional and rarely marry outside their race or religion. Even the food they eat, as a rule, is quite different from any other country in the world.

The silence you sense probably has a lot to do with cultural differences and a lack of commonalities between the two of you.

Before you give this your emotional all, get on the Internet and read up on the Indian culture. Talk to some Indians in your town. Ask questions about their lives, their culture and particularly how they interact with the opposite sex.

As a matter of fact, I think the greatest number of romances within this closely knit culture are arranged.

Do your homework before you plunge more deeply into this love you think is coming on.

• Author
I don't know where you live but there are massive cultural differences between India and many other countries, particularly the United States. Indian people are very friendly and extremely sharp business people. They are also very religious, traditional and rarely marry outside their race or religion. Even the food they eat, as a rule, is quite different from any other country in the world. The silence you sense probably has a lot to do with cultural differences and a lack of commonalities between the two of you. Before you give this your emotional all, get on the Internet and read up on the Indian culture. Talk to some Indians in your town. Ask questions about their lives, their culture and particularly how they interact with the opposite sex. As a matter of fact, I think the greatest number of romances within this closely knit culture are arranged. Do your homework before you plunge more deeply into this love you think is coming on.

ok

hi patty,

i certainly don't mean to come across as rude or nosey, but is there any reason why you seem to find yourself constantly making friendships over the net like you do? while i think it's really interesting to have a couple of pen friends, the impression i have got from previous posts of yours is that you don't make a great deal of friendships in person.

while i don't think there's anything wrong with not being a particularly sociable person (we're all different), i think you would find it so much easier and so much more fulfilling if you were to join a class e.g. learn a language, painting, sculpting...the list is endless....find something that you are really interested in and you will have a much greater chance of meeting a person or persons that you have something in common with.

you seem to really want to make friends, everyone loves having friends, and you're bound to make a few if you get out there a bit. you have nothing to lose by making friends in the flesh, and more to lose by getting too attached to a cyber friend in another country who you seem to have very little in common with....and don't be too quick to need or love somebody.

• Author

I have one good friend outside the net that visits me on weekends spends the night with me.We go shoping for day.We been together since school days.But shes the only friend I got.

I do take guitar lessons.but havent met anyone yet that has that same interest.Im thinking of saving my money for music school or a band camp or something, I might find somebody with the same interests.:)

...i don't know if you have community colleges in the u.s., but these are really great ways to meet people. all sorts of courses are run from arts & crafts, music, languages, writing, sports, singing....if you could contact your local council, they might be able to point you in the right direction for this kind of thing. if you take a class of some sort, you will have about 10 or more people in the one room with you, so your chances of meeting people are significantly increased. it's much better than a one on one lesson.

...or even consider going to the local club and participating in prize draws, or becoming a member of a club.

i would definitely suggest getting involved in an activity or activities that have numerous people involved, rather than one-on-one.

good luck with your hobbies! :)