What is the purpose of it anyway?

I have heard people compalin about their partners not saying "I love you" very often. I really do not understand it. My contention is that if a person is showing his/her emotions and feelings through actions, why is it necessary to say these words for a partner to believe in it? Saying is so easy. I can tell girls that I love them, but would they buy it, if I did not show it to them.

Okay, maybe those who have a difficulty saying these words, are less capable of expressing themselves verbally for one reason or another, but if a guy is very good at showing how he feelis towards a lady, I think that is prefcetly enough!

What do you think?

Most women like to hear those words, no matter what you do to show them your love. A lot of women don't interpret actions as being expressions of love.

The words, along with flowers, music, romantic evenings, etc., are kind of what does it for them.

It shouldn't be any sweat off your back to say the words once in a while. With someone you reallly love, I recommend you tell them you love them at least once a day. Things will last a lot longer that way.

Don't ask me why it's that way. I don't know what the purpose of it is either but I do know you'll get in the doghouse if it's absent in a relationship.

I agree with you, 100%. I never say it. I write it though. And it's true - i'm not too affectionate verbally, but i think always value deeds more than words so whats the big deal ...

=)

Hi Dave,

I agree...I'd much rather a guy show me he loves me than tell me. And if it's within the first few months of dating, I'd prefer it if he told me very sparingly rather than telling me all the time.

Of course, it is nice to hear someone say it every now and then, even if I already knew he did by his actions. For example, if I was married, then the "i love you's" wouldn't lose their meaning no matter how often we said them.

:)