SO WHAT DO YOU THINK??

Shame is a Prison.

Shame is a Prison.

My girlfriend recently dumped me. This is not the problem, the problem is I would like to remain friends. She said several times, here goes a quote "If we broke up, I still would want to be good friends." Then in a recent conversation, when asked how I was doing with the ladies, I was honest and told her I was dating another girl. She then said (here goes another quote) "I dont talk to guys who have girlfriends" So what? I was never supposed to date ever again after we broke up? Were women off limits to preserve our friendship? She could date numerous other guys, mere DAYS after our breakup, but when I date a girl I'm being bad, and we can't be friends anymore...Am I the only one who thinks this is friggin stupid to the point of being laughable? Please respond. Should I even attempt to remain friends with this woman, or just forget her altogether?

Shame.

YOU ASK: "Should I even attempt to remain friends with this woman, or just forget her altogether?"

For what purpose do you want to remain friends? You need to get over her and move on. It is not practical to remain friends because once she finds a serious beau, she won't give you the time of day. That's what she's nervous about you doing. She's afraid if you get really serious with a girl, you won't have time for her.

Technically, she's probably been keeping you in reserve in case other relationships didn't work out. Of course, if you're seeing somebody else, you can't be a reserve for her.

Forget this lady. It's just not a happening thing. There are very nice ladies who are mature who can handle friendships with their ex's, for a while anyway. But this girl isn't one of them. Forget her and put all your energy into finding someone truly special for yourself who doesn't have a lot of head problems.

FORGET HER.

she's a psycho. i mean seriously, you don't sound too upset about breaking up so i'm sure it won't be too hard for you if you don't remain friends. no great loss. she's playing games and being immature and she's out of your life now so FORGET HER. she dumped you and it sound like she wants you to sit around and cry about it. does it really matter what she thinks of you now? i think not. yes, this is very laughable.

please don't take offence to this, but it seems to me that she is acting like an egotistical fool. she was probably hoping that you'd stick around and pine after her when you broke up. she was probably also hoping that you'd be there as a safety net for her....she could fall back on you if things with another guy didn't work out.

this is not what friendship is all about. you have moved on to a certain degree, and now she is playing head games with you. that's her tough luck, and your good luck that you are able to move on.

just move on without this ex of yours....she's so childish. you don't need a friend who plays head games with you.

"....don't talk to guys who have boyfriends". that's the biggest load of rubbish i have ever heard in my life. let me guess....she doesn't talk to her father because he is married to her mother???

hehe....laughable alright!!! enjoy yourself with this new girl and keep laughing!! you have nothing to feel shameful about!! :)