An awkward situation

I broke up with my girl friend a few weeks ago. Now I am single. However, there is a girl, a friend of mine, who I believe has a crush on me. She likes me a lot, and I like her too, but I would not consider dating her. She is a very nice person, but in terms of looks, she is not my type. God, I wish I was not as shallow as I am, but, hey what can I do. I like good looking girls. Anyway, she knows that I broke up with my girl friend, and now she is trying to be more than friends with me. Well, we went to a club last friday, and we danced, but this time, she go close to me and started kissing me. Well, we were drunk, so I did not mind, and we kissed. Well, she wants to date me, and I don't want to date her, and up until now, she believes that the only reason we have not dated, is because I had a girl friend, and she was there, and it seemed to me as if she was waiting for the right moment to make a move on me, and now that I am broken up, I don;t know what should I give her as an excuse. I really don't want to break her heart, because she believes that i am attracted to her, which I am, but not physically.

And I know the moment I tell her that i dont wish to date her, she will break down. She does not have any friends, and I think she is madly in love with me. Our mutual friend told me, that she has my pictures in her bedroom, and she wrote some poems for me, and all the nice sweet things.

I don't know what the hell should I do

Is this mutual friend, that BAD LOOKING AND UGLY, that you will overlook all her quality features as you say she has, thats kind of a weak argument. I mean, what are we talking about here, are you only interested in Pamela Anderson look alikes or is this girl got some god awful feature to her that nobody can stand. You say you like this girl very much and she likes you, but you don't like her cause her nose is an inch to big or her ankles are an inch to low, etc. etc. etc. I think you should look in the mirror and hopefully this girl will realize, You are the one who isn't worth it.

pops.