Professional Relationships

tuggy51

My girlfriend is in the business of issuing grants,she must maintain contact with many people. When we first met,she told me about a married man whom she must keep contact with because his organization deals mainly with hers. She also mentioned to me if this man was Not married,that he would be her boyfriend.This raised a flag to me.Last week she mentioned they had been having lunch, she feels this is OK because she must maintain contact with this person,and she feels these sare colleagueal.I ask if business was brought up she said no.I feel there is something to this. Am I wrong??? please help !

First, I think your girlfriend is pretty stupid telling you these things. If a girl told me that if another guy were not married he would be her boyfriend, I would cut her loose in a heartbeat. I just don't think that's something you tell a guy you are dating. I also think frequent lunches with a guy she is obviously very attracted to has to have more than just a business element to it. Your girl is just REAL dumb to be telling you this stuff...or she may be thinking you're REAL dumb to be putting up with it.

You're darn straight there is more to this than business. She was also REAL dumb to tell you she had lunch with this guy who she would have for a boyfriend in a heartbeat and no business was discussed. It really sounds to me like she wants you to be history.

How can you feel at all special in this relationship.

Get rid of her, tell her to go find somebody she really wants for a boyfriend.

You sound like a really decent guy who deserves to have a lady who wants YOU to be HER boyfriend. You also need a lady with a lot more intelligence, tact and social skills than you have now.

I am just so sorry. You probably really like her but if you have any self respect you will leave her and her married loverboy to their own devices and move on.

My girlfriend is in the business of issuing grants,she must maintain contact with many people. When we first met,she told me about a married man whom she must keep contact with because his organization deals mainly with hers. She also mentioned to me if this man was Not married,that he would be her boyfriend.This raised a flag to me.Last week she mentioned they had been having lunch, she feels this is OK because she must maintain contact with this person,and she feels these sare colleagueal.I ask if business was brought up she said no.I feel there is something to this. Am I wrong??? please help !

I have been there and done that... It isn't so much the fact that they are having lunch, as casual as it may be, but that she voices her attractiveness to him. I used to be way over protective about that sort of thing, a former girlfriend never seemed to think it was odd to mention how 'hot' a guy is... it used to piss me off, she would cooly ask me what was so upsetting; we would even get into arguments in which she would force me to reveal a woman's name that I was sexually attracted to, just to show that it is perfectly natural. I hated it. Well, being more knowledgable at this point having gone through a couple girlfriends, I figured out that it is just a personality trait. She's somewhat flirtatious I take it. If she was really into this man and had actually envisioned herself with him, believe you me, she would not have mentioned her attractiveness towards him... she would hide it, feeling like she is doing something wrong. Don't worry about it, she probably just really likes you and feels so comfortable around you that she wouldn't even second guess saying what she did. Plus, the guys married. Good luck buddy