He's 5 years older, do I go for him?

ViolaAngel286

ViolaAngel286

There's this guy that I have been friends w/ for I guess 3-4 years now. I love him so much, and he flirts right back with me. He genuinely seems interested in me, and I am interested in him. We share many of the same interests, including going to the same music camp every summer when I get to see him, playing the same instrument, the same tastes in music and sports, etc. The problem is, he's almost 5 years older than me. Should I see if he really likes me and go for it? I accidently IM-ed him w/ a message about how much I like him and now he's kinda shy around me....is that bad, or is it just shock? He even sends me kisses on IM...I'm so confused! What do I do?!?!?!?!?!?!?

GO FOR HIM!!! SIMPLE AS THAT!

There's this guy that I have been friends w/ for I guess 3-4 years now. I love him so much, and he flirts right back with me. He genuinely seems interested in me, and I am interested in him. We share many of the same interests, including going to the same music camp every summer when I get to see him, playing the same instrument, the same tastes in music and sports, etc. The problem is, he's almost 5 years older than me. Should I see if he really likes me and go for it? I accidently IM-ed him w/ a message about how much I like him and now he's kinda shy around me....is that bad, or is it just shock? He even sends me kisses on IM...I'm so confused! What do I do?!?!?!?!?!?!?

You never said how old you are. If you're 14 and he's 19, then he's definitely too old for you. If, on the other hand, you are 22 and he is 27, I have less of a problem with that. Depending on your age, it could be against the law for him to be with you. (Maybe that's why he got shy?) Be careful, though. I'm of the opinion that a five year age difference is a big deal when you are young because you will both be at very different places in your lives.

You never said how old you are. If you're 14 and he's 19, then he's definitely too old for you. If, on the other hand, you are 22 and he is 27, I have less of a problem with that. Depending on your age, it could be against the law for him to be with you. (Maybe that's why he got shy?) Be careful, though. I'm of the opinion that a five year age difference is a big deal when you are young because you will both be at very different places in your lives.

I would have to agree with clia...

5 years is a wide span, depending on your age. but if you are 22 and he is 27 make sure you are on the same level...

if you are still partying and he wants to settle down, that could cause serious probs.......(im going through it now)