"spots" around the pubic area

I was with my girlfriend this weekend and we both are waiting untill marriage to have sex, so neither of us has "been" with anyone. But, we were rubbing our genitallia against each other....my question is that i noticed late last night I had one red mark in my pubic area, I thought maybe it was either an ingrown hair or that it happened because the hairs were pulled. Then, this morning I have about 6 or 8 red spots, and they are all where a hair is coming out of the skin. I also noticed that after the last weekend when I was with my gf., that I had the same thing happen when I went back to school on Sun. I highly doubt that it is an std because I've never had sex. Also, my gf. has some similar looking spots around her pubic area but she told me that they are from shaving. What might this be??? What should I do??? Does this sound like anything that you know about offhand?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there...

Unfortunately, it's pretty impossible to say with any certainty, what these red 'spots' might be. But if you went from having *1*, to now having 6-8, I'd encourage you to go to your doctor, or a walk-in clinic (if you have those where you live) and have a doc take a peek. Do these spots itch?

Laurynn

I certainly don't mean to scare you, but it's possible that what you have...these little red dots that are found at the base of your pubic hair, and the 'itching' you have.....could be due to Pubic Lice (also called "crabs")

Click on this link and it will give you information:

Inf on Pubic Lice (click here)

You need to get yourself to a doctor, today. Or see if there is a "Planned Parenthood" clinic near you. (look in the phone book/white pages).......or call up your local hospital and ask them for the number to your local Health Unit. Both Planned Parenthood and Health Units do testing for Sexually Transmitted Diseases.

If your girlfriend has these spots in her pubic area, regardless of whether she says they are ingrown hairs due to shaving, she should be checked as well. But YOU definitely go.....if this IS pubic lice, the longer you do nothing about it, the worse it will get and you'll be itching like the dickens!!! (and yes, it's totally treatable.....but you'll have to wash clothing, bedding, etc......the Doctor or Health Unit Nurse or Planned Parenthood Person will explain all you need to know)

Laurynn, RN

Ok, Thank You for all of the information. I went to the school nurse today and she said she was thinking it might have been lice initially, but then she looked at some of them and said that is something like fall...(I don't remember offhand)...but she said it is fairly common and not to worry about it. Cuase I was really concerned. Thanks for the info.

Did she say it was 'folliculitis'? (pronounced...fall-ick-you-light-is)

If so, here's some information on that:

Info on Folliculitis

There's information here on how to treat it. If you start getting like 'pimples' down there, then you should see a doctor because you might need antibiotics. Make sure to clean this area well, daily.....of course.

Laurynn