Help, My heart is broke

Sabrina

My boyfriend of 2 and a half yrs and I are broke up for the like third time. This time I think it is for good. The hardest part is knowing in my heart that he loved me. Yet he says I bring up our past too much and he said he did not care for me anymore. I do not believe this one bit. I think he may be trying to convince himself that he does not care. When I know he does and I know he is hurting too. How do I know if we will ever get back together. Im so sad. I miss him so much and My heart is broke in half. I am 20 yrs old. So I know what it feels like to love somebody with all my heart.

Sabrina;

Read my posts below. I know EXACTLY how you feel. At least now that you are not alone tonight. My heart is heavy tonight. I know how hard this is on you.

The first thing I can say is that HE does care for you. He is using this as a self defense mechanism. I know it hurts you when he says that , but try to realize that it is NOT true.

Be kind to yourself. Do some things for yourself that will be good. This board is full of WONDERFUL and wise people. They have really helped me the past few months and I am now a LOVESHACK junkie.

Anyway, hang in there, and take one day at a time.

Don't call him. And if he calls you, sound very happy. That will make him want you more.

You must be strong and not beg him to come back. I have gone through a similar situation and it has been a little over a month since we broke-up. It is very difficult especially when you don't keep yourself occupied. Volunteer or find a class to take or just spend more time with your friends and family.

My biggest difficulty now is that he still calls me on a regular basis which I must have him stop doing this. Everytime he calls I just get false hopes that there is a chance with us. He told me the other night that the "right" person could be right in front of him and he wouldn't even know it. It is all in the timing. Alot of things change over time while individuals grow and mature.

So, best advice is to keep yourself busy and try to avoid contact because that is very difficult to deal with when you still have feelings for him. Best of luck to you!!