Re: fiance's mother is driving wedge.

Tony T

Some ladies are very close to their mothers. After all, the lived inside of them for nine months and lived with them until they left home. The bond between mother and daughter is usually pretty tight.

However, usually when a lady leaves her mom, her loyalty should be with the person she is in a relationship with. I am completely behind you there. But she really doesn't have the insight to realize this. Or maybe this is just her way of staying bonded to her mother. Leaving the comfort of the womb is pretty frightening for some people.

If you think you have problems now with this, just wait until you get married.

Having so many issues that she has to always be going to her mother to vent is a sign of a seriously poor relationship. Once in a while, I could understand but not with great frequency.

Let her know that if she can't start talking things out with you and resolving them without taking her beefs to momma, you will have to reconsider marriage with her. Unless her mother is exceptional, she could destroy a marriage quicker than anybody. You don't need a wife who's bxtching to momma about everything while you're off at work.

I would suggest the two of you separate until you get your life back in order financially and every other way. You need someone around who is supportive and understanding during this time, not someone who is going to make homelife hell for you.

Why would you consider marrying somebody like this anyway??? Most men look to their home for solace and comfort. I mean I always sort of thought that was what it was all about.