friend or possibly more?

glitterchic

I am friends with a guy at my school(it's a vocational school). He is such a cool guy. Lately we hang around in school a lot. We joke around, we talk a lot, we dress up crazy together(don't ask), ect. We seem to have a lot in common. Everybody thinks we would be so cute together. We seem to have become really good friends, but I am thinking that I want it to be more. The problem is that we are both currently in relationships. Mine is pretty bogus though and I let him know that. His may not be but he hardly ever talks about his girlfriend. He has told me that he likes my style and that I am pretty. It seems like there is a bit of sexual tension going on. We are starting to hang out outside of school in groups of people. Does anybody have any advice for me about what to do in this situation? I want to try to take things to a new level. Are there any clues I can pick up to see if he's interested in being more than friends? Is there anything I can do to help this situation along? Do you think I'm wasting my time? Sorry about all the questions. Thanks for your help

:) glitterchic

He doesn't talk about his girlfriend much because he's enjoying flirting with you and enjoying his girlfriend too. This may be just one sided on your part...he may see this thing with you as entirely platonic.

You have a talk with this dude. If he says he has some potential feelings for you, you let him know real clearly that nothing more can come of the two of you while he's got a girlfriend. Let him know you have morals, ethics, etc. and you don't mess with guys who have girlfriends.

I really don't think you're wasting your time. He may not have the same morals as you so he may be absolutely OK with doing things behind his girlfriend's back. Then again, he may be have a really super code of ethics and will cave in if you urge him to ditch his girl for you. This will be the best way to help this along.

You sound like a lady who stands firmly for what is right and you would not want to do anything to interefere with another lady's relationship...just like you wouldn't want someone doing that to you...unless, of course, you could convince the guy to do the dirtywork for you.

So when he breaks up with his lady and is free to get involved in you, then all will be well. Then you can start keeping a real close eye on the dude to be sure he's not out there flirting with some other girl and not telling her about you. Of course, if he likes this other girl, he can break up with you easy enough...to take things to a new level with her.

I sortof guess that's how it works. We've got to do this right and keep our good consciences about us, you know.