My Christmas Blessing...

Skeered

I hope this is an appropriate place to post this. I just couldn't keep such an incredible event quiet I wanted to share this story with all of you.

This past weekend I got the greatest gift a mother could ask for. I am a birth mother of a 13 year old daughter I gave up for adoption and also a 10 year old daughter that I have the blessing of raising. I went on sunday evening to see the 13 year old dance in a ballet performance. This is the 2nd time I have been fortunate enough to see her perform and she has such a gift. I too danced ballet for many years when I was younger so to see her just fills my heart. Well following the performance my boyfriend and my mother and I were waiting in the lobby to see her parents, whom I have kept in very close connection with for all these years and we have often exchanged photos, letters and cards. So this was a normal occurance to see them. However 2 years ago I saw my daughter for the 1st time after a performance and I got to hug her for the first time in 11 years. A memory that will last a lifetime for sure. But this past Sunday the gift kept giving, I was asked to go have dinner with she and her adoptive family. They are truly wonderful people and have raised this little girl with grace, love and everything I could have ever dreamed for her. We spent about 2 hours eating and laughing. I can still hear the entire conversation over and over. To be able to have these meetings from time to time are better than any gift I could ever receive in a box under a tree. Each time we meet I realize how these people were meant to have this little girl as their own.

At the end of the evening I got to have a few moments of alone time with her and we laughed and just had a time to hold onto that mother daughter bond. I then left for the evening and went and picked up my daughter from her father's whom she'd spent the weekend with and the joy in my heart just overflowed because I have been given the two most precious little girls and I will cherish them always.

Just thought I would share..sorry if it was a little long...:D

I am so glad to hear such a blessing you have gotten by getting to be with your daughter again and she what talent she has and how much you two are alike!! I hope that you have many more times like this to come!! Hopefully you will get to spend Christmas with her too!! So glad for you ..:) Keep us posted to how things go !!:D

Thank you both..it was truly incredible.

Your welcome !! Hang in there you will get that Mother daughter bond i promise you !!::):D