LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Familial > Parenting

When your husband allows his daughter to do things you don't agree with.

Parenting Discuss tips, concerns, and all the mayhem involved in raising kids.

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th August 2017, 12:12 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globug View Post
No oe is allowed to bring anything or do anything illegal at my home.
Not singling you out, but using your post since it expresses the same thing expressed by others.

Whether or not any of this is illegal really depends on location.

29 states allow underage alcohol consumption on private property with parental permission. 6 additional states allow minors to consume alcohol on private property without parental permission. Depending on where OP lives, a 19 year old drinking at her fathers home with his permission may not even be illegal.

The pot use is the same. Depending where they live, the pot use may also be legal or quasi-legal. Here, in my city, less than one ounce is legal. In neighboring cities, it depends.

And, in case anyone is wondering, dabs are concentrated pot about the consistency of Vaseline.
Old 28th August 2017, 9:10 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJean View Post
Not singling you out, but using your post since it expresses the same thing expressed by others.

Whether or not any of this is illegal really depends on location.

29 states allow underage alcohol consumption on private property with parental permission. 6 additional states allow minors to consume alcohol on private property without parental permission. Depending on where OP lives, a 19 year old drinking at her fathers home with his permission may not even be illegal.

The pot use is the same. Depending where they live, the pot use may also be legal or quasi-legal. Here, in my city, less than one ounce is legal. In neighboring cities, it depends.

And, in case anyone is wondering, dabs are concentrated pot about the consistency of Vaseline.
I don't mind you quoting me. I just wish I had not misspelled a word. LOLOL
I am aware of this. In fact my DH allowed my SS to drink in our home after a certain age & it was legal and I said nothing though I did not agree with it. All I was trying to say is it is ok to have boundaries and rules in your home that applies to EVERYONE and does not mean you are trying to parent your step child.

Pot is not legal in my state and it is not allowed in my house. Some of my friends smoke pot & they still out of respect of my boundaries do not bring it to my house. Even if it was legal I would not let them smoke it in my home just like I don't let people smoke cigarettes in my home because I don't like the smell. I have a nice little area on the deck with lighters & ashtrays for my friends that smoke cigs. I was just trying to state it is ok to have rules in her home & where I am adamant is if it is illegal in my state.
Globug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2017, 12:27 PM   #18
Established Member

You only have so much control over your kids once they are past the age of 18... she is an adult. I'm not saying he should enable her, but it's not like she is 12 years old. America is probably the only country in the world with a legal drinking age of 21, I personally think it's the most ridiculous thing ever, so don't get me started on it.

As for pot smoking, while not a smoker myself, I'm highly in favor of legalization, which will be happening across Canada real soon, so again it doesn't really bother me that he is "letting her" do it.

He's a terrible father and husband but not for the reasons listed above.
GunslingerRoland is offline   Reply With Quote