My little Raptor, and why being a parent is the best

Philosoraptor

Philosoraptor

So in April I became a father. (Pictures in my profile if it interests you)

What a fun journey it has been. Just watching this little guy learn, grow, and figure things out. Even on his worst day, I'd happily trade with my wife and stay home with him :p

No matter how rough of a day you might have, it's so easy to just put it all aside and focus on your little one. Though life has much more responsibility now, things are so much simpler. Also it becomes much easier to focus on family and what's important.

There is nothing more satisfying than being able to take your little one from being fussy, to content and happy. Such an accomplished feeling when putting a gassy baby to sleep.

Sleep? Who needs that? You can manage on much less and not skip a beat. You also can fall asleep in nearly any position, and super easy. No more staying up late with random thoughts running through your head, you can be knocked out by the time your head hits the pillow.

I've always been one to try and put my focus on the truly important things, but nothing puts life into perspective like having a child. Everything gets simpler, happiness becomes even easier, and you learn to count your blessings each day.

tl;dr? I may live in an overly optimist world, but being a parent is awesome. Would never trade a single rough moment with him for a million happy moments anywhere else.

• Like 4
GorillaTheater

Congrats, man!

You're in for one hell of a journey. In my experience, the only thing that possibly beats being a dad is being a grandpa.

• Author
Philosoraptor
Congrats, man!

You're in for one hell of a journey. In my experience, the only thing that possibly beats being a dad is being a grandpa.

Looking forward to the ride. Likely a few years from being a grandpa though :lmao:

Your baby is adorable!!! Congrats on this new adventure you and your wife are on :)

Thank you, should be a rewarding life

Congratulations to you and your family!

Thank you very much