Am I pregnant?

So I had sex a month ago and he used a condom but I wasn't on the pill or anything. I was due for my period the day I had sex, I got it the day after though so thought that that meant there's no possible way I could be pregnant. But I'm 5 days late for my next one and I'm never usually late. I've been really really tired lately and my nipples are really sore and tingly, and I've been so moody. Although I have had a kinda flu thing and have been working heaps... But I never really get sore boobs like this. So could I be pregnant even though I got my period a day after I had sex but I'm late a month later?

dreamingoftigers

Periods can happen for the first few months if I am not mistaken.

There's a quick and easy answer: take the test. Cheap, easy 99% accurate.

• Like 6
So I had sex a month ago and he used a condom but I wasn't on the pill or anything. I was due for my period the day I had sex, I got it the day after though so thought that that meant there's no possible way I could be pregnant. But I'm 5 days late for my next one and I'm never usually late. I've been really really tired lately and my nipples are really sore and tingly, and I've been so moody. Although I have had a kinda flu thing and have been working heaps... But I never really get sore boobs like this. So could I be pregnant even though I got my period a day after I had sex but I'm late a month later?

You know it's not an easy process - it depends a lot on your health condition, stresses etc. especially if you had a flu.

Simultaneously, it's not so easy to become pregnant even if you haven't used a condom. People spend months to become pregnant! So keep calm :)

5-7 days of delay is considered to be normal. I bet it starts in couple of days. But for your calmness you should take the test.

• 2 weeks later...
You know it's not an easy process - it depends a lot on your health condition, stresses etc. especially if you had a flu.

Simultaneously, it's not so easy to become pregnant even if you haven't used a condom. People spend months to become pregnant! So keep calm :)

5-7 days of delay is considered to be normal. I bet it starts in couple of days. But for your calmness you should take the test.

And some people get pregnant on the first time having sex. My ex - his oldest son was conceived in a hot tub...and he knew his son's mom for like 2 hours. Some people are more fertile than others. His sister has four kids with the same guy and they are all a year apart.

It took me a long time to get pregnant and when I stopped caring that's when it happened. Just depends really.

Take a pregnancy test. If it's negative wait a few days and take another one just to be sure. I only say that because the first one I took before I found out I was pregnant was negative. Three days later it was positive. I took 10 that week and all positive. I'm not suggesting that many but just know I would at least take two spaced out. You're likely not pregnant.

really really tired lately and my nipples are really sore and tingly, and I've been so moody

This sounds like the textbook PMS symptoms. The chance to get pregnant with a condom a day before your period is.... very very very minimal, like close to a medical miracle;) Stop worrying and get on a BC for your own peace and also to regulate your cycle and PMS.

• Like 1
whichwayisup

Go to your Dr and get a blood test done, though in my experience with February having 28 days it can throw off your cycle for a few months.

HereNorThere

Why would you post on the internet when you can just pee on a stick and stop worrying? Are you just afraid of knowing?

Also, since it seems like you must be rather young if you have such limited knowledge of your reproductive system, it's probably time to see a clinic and start doing some research. For starters, there really isn't any point in your cycle (that's detectable by you without help) in which you are 100% protected from pregnancy. Some females drop eggs at irregular, erratic times (especially when they are younger) and sperm can live a certain amount of time inside you (up to 5 days depending on certain factors.)

Relax, you aren't pregnant. You've shed your lining and that's a pretty inopportune time for an egg to attach anyway. Add that in with your condom use and your chances are so small it's almost impossible, just not impossible.

So the real question is - now that you've had this scare, when are you making your appointment for a real contraceptive and which one have you chosen? It's a rhetorical question, but you need to think about now before this happens again.