Breaking up with children involved

I am currently in a 4 year relationship with the mother of my child (1.5 year old). I am going to break up with her because of numerous problems in the relationship but the biggest being she is (most likely, nothing proved 100% yet) cheating with her ex. She is pregnant again and chances are its his because I always used protection (she isn't on anything).

I am at a complete loss at how to do it though. We live together and are renting. Neither of us could comfortably afford it on our own (large house). The lease is until the end of this year. The only way to break the lease is if we find someone to take over it. Pretty much everything in the house is hers.

I need to leave things on the best terms possible. We we're supposed to leave tonight for a romantic weekend away. Should we still go and I use that time to end things?

Custody... I want to fight for as much custody as I can get. It'll be messy. I know the right choice is to do 50/50 but I want as much time with my son as I can get.

And then how do I co-parent with someone who is pregnant by another guy? The guy won't be in the picture much, he is stationed 4.5 hours away.

Yes break up. Find a YMCA in your area, and move to it.

Reason: If this is ever a case of jumping to conclusions and alluding to her being a cheater, leave her now. No Lady or mother of your child will forgive you for such an allegation.

Especially since its probably your child she is pregnant with.

Contact a lawyer for your custody rights.

soleilesquire

I think you should set her free and settle for 50/50 custody. You are cheating on her and creating some wild story about her cheating to make yourself feel better. That isn't the role model your son needs.

YOU move out, take care of your child, and allow her to find someone who will love her.