friend and his wife expecting

newmoon

just wanted to share this. My bff just told me yesterday that he and his wife are expecting again... 20 years after their first child. the wife is 35, she had her first child at 15, he was 16/17, they got married at age 26/27. i find the age spread amazing, but at least the two kids will share the same parents. i can't even imagine this though, having to re-parent again after all those years, and just when the oldest is off to college.

• Like 1

My friend has 2 daughters aged 23 and 24 and another 2 who are 4 and 5!!! She says it's harder when you're older.

I nearly had a 15year age gap, but sadly miscarried at 14weeks.

I was an only child until I was 13 when my first baby brother was born, then my mom had my second baby brother when I was sixteen and I was pregnant myself. It was strange but also really nice in some ways. I loved my first baby brother like a mom and had a super close relationship with him. He is 33 now and he is still special to me. I think being a teenager when he was born made the experience a lot richer for me. Also my mom took impeccable care of all of her baby clothes and since I had a baby boy shortly after my last baby brother was born, my son got all the very well kept hand me downs and that was a huge bonus for me.

Your friends had their first baby so young. They may have been good parents but they are probably better equipped and much more mature now. They likely have more money, more patience and more wisdom. I can understand why they might want to experience another baby at this time, and they are still plenty young enough to keep up with a new child. I wish them the best!!

My grandma had her last baby at 40 and my best friend had her last at 43. If anything I have to say these late in life babies kept my grandma and my friend young. My friend did say that at 42 yrs old the pregnancy was very hard and took a while to recover from but she has loved every minute of being a mom again since her oldest children are almost out of the nest.

• Like 2
i can't even imagine this though, having to re-parent again after all those years, and just when the oldest is off to college.

That's one way to deal with Empty Nest syndrome!! :) Congrats to the family.

This thread gives hope for later-in-life pregnancies! :)

I nearly had a 15year age gap, but sadly miscarried at 14weeks.

Sorry about your loss, mrs rubble.

• Like 4