Son in law is a pathological liar...

I don't know what to do...

My son in law is a pathological liar. I am not talking little white lies, i am talking HUGE GRANDIOSE lies

Here are just a few

He was born in a different country, and took voice lessons to loose his accent

He had a business, which turns out to be shady. He said his business was raided by the FBI in full combat gear. Claims the FBI was watching his house for 8 months. Claims he had to go before the grand jury. Then, mysterially all went away.

I could go on and on, but you get my point.

My daughter has stopped talking to me because i have "disrespected" him. This is the third time this has happened.

This last time i supposedly "disrespected" him, was the day after my mothers funeral. We had one last get together. 5 minutes after they left, she text bombed me asking me what the hell my problem was because i "disrespected" him. She would not tell me what i did, after several attempts on my part asking what i did.

He know all he has to do is tell my daughter, and she fires off on me.

I don't know what to do. This is the third time, and a day after my mothers funeral.

If i confront him, i will loose my daughter forever.

The only thing i can think to do is back waaaay off, until she either

A) realizes the type of person he is.

B) he convinces her that her family does not like him, and she turns her back on our whole family.

Please, i an open to advice.

I am very sorry about the loss of your mother.

As for your SIL, I suppose you can try reaching out to your daughter. Explain that as it was after your mother's funeral you were distraught. You need info about what you allegedly did to disrespect her husband so you can fix it. (understand but don't tell her that the fix may be never speaking to him again.) If she won't even tell you what caused his nose to be out of joint there is not much you can do.

If you really want to press the issue you can go off & get proof of his lies & show them to her: Get his birth certificate showing where he was born. Do an FBI freedom of information request to show there was no raid. etc.

• Like 1