EX H....such an idiot

I have worked my butt off not involving my children in our nasty divorce. I slipped up once, when I was being blamed for my EX H leaving. I blurted out without thinking and told my son, that it wasn't my fault that their father was leaving, that it was his fault for having a girlfriend and cheating on us. I cried that whole night, I was riddled with guilt, and so not proud of myself. I swore at that moment, I would never ever do that again, and I am proud to say that I haven't....however the Ex on the other hand...ugh!! Whenever he gets a chance, he has something horrible to say about me.

The kids and I do family dinners on Sunday's its a tradition in my family...In the warmer months we don't cook on Sunday's, we like to go out to eat. So EX calls my son as we are sitting at the restaurant, and son tells him that we are out to dinner, he says (rather rude) , "fine just call me when you're done". Son says, he thinks something is wrong with dad, and I knew exactly at that moment what the deal was. Son worried the whole dinner thinking his dad was mad at him. I have him call him back when we leave, and sure enough EX goes on a tirade about how I can take them out to dinner all of the time, meanwhile he sits at home eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for breakfast, lunch and dinner....Now come on, he has a great job making a whole lot more than me, he bought a house, and a 43,000 truck...seriously....why even put the kids in the middle? It's just ridiculous. Yes, I am working on getting materials things back, like; a house, a better car....but I enjoy spending quality time with my children too. I just budget much much better then he. Son is now telling me that he thinks we should go back to cooking Sunday dinners again. Unreal!! Just wish I could stop his stupid'ness

Keep avoiding putting your son in the middle.

Good news is that boys grow up to be generally closer to their mom.

• Like 3
still_an_Angel

I'm on the same camp that children should not be in the middle of all the nastiness between separating/divorcing couples. I did my best during this transition period too. But sometimes, its frustrating to keep covering up for the other parent. Hopefully, sooner more or later, the kids figure it out for themselves, and understand what went on when they're a bit older. Hang in there!

• Like 1