Spoiling the kids?

littlesister1234

littlesister1234

So I was talking to a colleague at work, who was on vacation the past few weeks, and I had asked her about her Easter. She had given her kids, one aged 8 and the other a little over a year, a new Smartphone, 3 Xbox games, 75 bucks (the 8 year old), an electronic doggy toy, 3 new outfits and 40 bucks (the 1 year old). My question is, why do parents feel the need to give their kids such extravagant gifts on Easter of all holidays? I mean, when I was young my mom felt she gave us too much with Easter baskets full of candy and eggs. For anyone who sees nothing wrong with this, can I ask why? I get parents want to give their kids what they couldn't have as children, but I think this is a bit much for Easter. Something like this I can understand for a birthday or Christmas.

That's insane!!!

People lose sight of the meaning of things all the time. Maybe they aren't even Christian and just needed an excuse to spend money.

Seems to me like a recipe for some entitled children though.

Many parents today forget they're supposed to be parents, not friends. They try to buy their kids' loyalty and love. Of course when the kids get older, they'll discover they have a monster on their hands.