My cousin is trying to runaway i need a parents view on this

down hearted

I don't have kids, i was told to speak to him but i don't know what to say, he showed up at my house last night out of no where i live really far from him and he came walking. He wants to runaway up north he has no money no documents nothing he just left his house. He is a teen apparently he is talking with someone online who is convincing him to run off with a friend and he set his mind to it. I feel terrible and was wondering if any of the parents on here can help me out since i don't have kids and really don't know what to do. I am worried about him and i don't know what to say to him, he is sleeping now and i am trying to convince him to stay but i don't know what he will do once he wakes up. His mom gives him everything he wants but is really strict with him like he can't get a license or go anywhere etc he is not the only child he has a little brother but his mom prefers him over his brother.

Can someone please guide me in what to say to him i don't know what to do his mind is set on running off. He is just a kid he is 16/17! This is really scary i don't know what to do, i told his mom that he is here but i told her not to show up because i don't want him to loose trust and disappear and for us to not hear from him or anything so i want to talk to him but not sure what to say.

Keep the lines of communication open. Let him vent. Point out all the flaws in his plan.

If he's so keen on this other person, give him a safe space where you can talk to the other person & if the other person is genuine (which I doubt) perhaps you can chaperone a safe meeting between them.