ex wife doesn't think I'm the best for our son

mondo04

Of course it's a long story. My ex and I were matried almost 6yrs. We fell hard for each other and the first 4yrs were perfect. In June 2011 I was hurt in a serious accident broke end of my arm off had a plate screws pins etc. Was off work for 4 months but still getting paid. As this was happening we were building our dream home. When I was healed up I was addicted to pain killers. This went on for year and half. Always paid bills worked and we had a son born January 2012. My addiction came crashing down September 17 and she filed for divorce. I went to rehab and been sober since September 17. During course of all of this she told me she'd give me a last chance. But couple months ago started seeing a guy. Come find out he's bisexual his dad is a registered sex offender. He's just using her for a piece of ass. She has hom over with our son there. She said she thinks he's the best choice for them. Only reason I got help was to have a chance to be with them. I'm still in love with her and miss my son so much. I only getvto see him two hours on Sundays. I break down crying about once a day. How am I suppose to feel when she said he's the best choice?

Do you have a lawyer? If not, get one.

I would file for a modified custody agreement in light of the sex offender.

However, I will couch that a little bit. Find out what kind of a sex offender. If he was some guy who slept with an underage girl who misrepresented her age & snuck into bar on a fake ID, I think your son is not in any danger. If the guy is a true pedophile, I would not return your son to the house & file an emergent application with the court.

Make sure your sponsor knows what's going on because you may need witnesses to attest to your sobriety

• Like 1

Wait, your ex-wife moved herself and your son in with a man and his father who is a registered sex offender? If that's the case, the fact that your ex has exposed your child to a sex offender might make a difference depending on his crime.

Yes, seek legal counsel.