Lets talk baby names...

Bit of a light-hearted topic really.. My beautiful wife is 16 weeks pregnant :D

Which means, amongst other things we get the awesome job of deciding on a brand new little humans name all over again :cool:

For those lucky folk who haven't read my other ramblings we have two amazing twin boys, Fraser Atlas & Ronnie Andrew, so I guess this time we at least need names that sound reasonable with theirs! Not keen on anymore F's or R's.

For a girl we've picked out Sophie Fleur :)

For a boy we've still got a bit of a shortlist

Angus (We'd shorten it to Gus, It means 'one choice')

Lincoln (Again we'd shorten to Linc, Means 'from the lake settlement' - fitting as our garden literally borders one)

Tadhg (Nod to the Irish heritage - pronounced t-AY-g, like saying Tiger, without the 'er'...Maybe Tad/Tadd for short)

I kinda enjoy running through names with the other half.. What about you guys, got any fave names?? Do you have names ear marked for your kids or more a case of wait and see?

• Like 7

Noooohs you already went with a girl name, I would of suggested Saoirse because it's such an excellent name. I'll vote for Linc then, not that my vote counts for anything naturally :D

• Like 3
Lernaean_Hydra
Noooohs you already went with a girl name, I would of suggested Saoirse because it's such an excellent name. I'll vote for Linc then, not that my vote counts for anything naturally :D

Oh my god, I came here to suggest a girl's name...and that girl's name was Saoirse I kid you not!

Anyway, for a boy I've always been partial to Jackson and Victor

Edited by Lernaean_Hydra
  • Like 1
  • Author
Anyway, for a boy I've always been partial to Jackson and Victor

I like both of them. Victors cool!! I actually really like that!!

I liked Casper too but I don't think it sounds to great with our surname.. bit of a tongue twister

• Like 1
  • Author
Wait, so when you don't post here you have sex?

Haha..

No! Don't be ridiculous! its the 21st century...Amazon emailed to say the baby has been sent to the stalk and should be dispatched in roughly 9 months! :p

Rejected Rosebud
Noooohs you already went with a girl name, I would of suggested Saoirse because it's such an excellent name.:D
I had to google to even have a clue how to pronounce that name, it's quite a mouthful! I like Sophie Fleur a lot better! And my vote is for Angus, that is a mighty powerful and cool name!
  • Like 1
  • Author
Magnus :love:

Magnus is nice, truth be told I actually loved Fergus maybe a tad more than Angus but its too close to Fraser.

But maybe you should think up another girl's name … what if you have 2?!?!

Hahah ....ahhh if we end up with two sets of twins i'll have more to worry about than just names I think :laugh:

I actually like Darcy as a girls name as well though..

I like Sophie and Lincoln...but as for the others...please think about how it would sound on your kid's resume in about 20 years and something they are not likely to get made fun of for in school. :p

• Author
I like Sophie and Lincoln...but as for the others...please think about how it would sound on your kid's resume in about 20 years and something they are not likely to get made fun of for in school. :p

Haha well I'm sure some people think Alfie's a stupid name but it's never done me wrong! :laugh: I just figure I wouldn't name my kid something I wouldn't want to live with.

And to be honest, if you're going to get the micky taken out of you I don't think it matters if your name's Mike or Moon :laugh:

Congrats!:bunny: I like all the names on your short list.:) Personally, I'm partial to names that reflect the parents' cultural backgrounds.