Things you wish for your kids?

So my sons turned one on Sunday (:D) which got me thinking of how much they've grown and changed already and that one day their gonna be men - 20 years and they'll be 21!! Like me! So I thought what 21 things do I hope for them..

Obviously everyone hopes their kids will always be happy and healthy but what else do you hope for your (present or future) kids?

(you don't have to do 21 haha)

For me..

1) I hope they laugh easily - even at themselves! I hope they have a positive attitude

2) I hope they make friends easily. I hope my boys will be the kind of mate you can count on!

3) I hope they know how to be a great leader

4) I hope they have a good moral compass (including treating the women in there life well) and that they have the strength of character to listen to it, I hope they stand up and be counted when they know its right - even if they're the only one standing

5) I hope when they can keep their mouths shut when there mad! (I’m bad at this but that doesn't mean they should be)

6) I hope they share my loves of sport and the outdoors

7) I hope they have skills - first aid, trades, cooking, DIY, survival, mechanics

8) I hope they understand that life just isn't fair, and that you can't take it personally.....sometimes you have to stand up for yourself and sometimes it just doesn't matter who gets the credit as long as the job gets done!

9) I hope they don't waste life living for tomorrow and can see that the small stuffs the stuff that matters

10) I hope they know Will smith is not just the father of the girl who flicks her hair & the karate kid! :laugh:

11) I hope they can budget money but be generous with it too

12) I hope if they play - they play to win!

13) I hope they know the folk who saunter round like they're all that are trying really really hard! :laugh:

14) I hope their fighters, that they don't give up when things get tough but that they can adapt, get up off their knees and roll with the punches.... as well as throw one - I hope my boys can throw a punch but don't ever need to!

15) I hope they're never scared to seek adventure, take risks and be brave - but think it through first!

16) I hope life treats them kind, and I hope if it ever doesn't they call me!

17) But equally I hope they have to work for what they have, that it doesn't come free, so that they never go a day without appreciating it! If you always work hard - you'll never go under!

18) I hope they know the value of family!

19) I hope that they love what they do for a living!

20) I hope they know they don't have all the answers and that that's okay - know one does - not even there dad! :p

21) And - I hope that they have the strength to be their own men and never feel they have to bend to what I or anyone else wants them to be!! :cool:

• Like 4

My son is 18 next week and my daughter is 6 months old.

I want them to laugh often, be happy, and be proud of how they conduct themselves.

I am definitely learning that what I wanted for my son isn't necessarily what he wants for himself :D

• Like 3

As they have guidance of a father who is writing a list like this on their first birthday, I think you'll see you hopes come true.

I hope they'll know how to say "Thanks Dad" for what they grow to be rather than what they grow up to get.

• Like 3
  • Author
I am definitely learning that what I wanted for my son isn't necessarily what he wants for himself :D

Haha oh yeah!! I think my poor mum will call that karma when the time comes :o:laugh:

GorillaTheater
I want them to laugh often, be happy, and be proud of how they conduct themselves.

Wonderfully put.