At what age does the emotional drama of teen girls end?

A neice was such a sweet girl as a child. Upto age 10 she was so easy. Then came the drama. Now in her teens, it is such a rollercoaster of good days and bad days (tears, exaggeration, drama). Nothing bad; just draining.

Will the drama fade as she hits high school? college age? 20's? Ever?!

My friends with female offspring estimate it will be about 50+ when their teenagers get post-menopausal. Unfortunately some of them may not be around to appreciate the peace and quiet...:rolleyes:

• Like 3

My friends with teens generally report 2-3 "trying" years, which can start earlier or later. It's similar in duration for boys and girls, as far as I've heard from parents.

If it starts at 13, it may be over by 16. If it starts at 15, it may be over at 18. One friend thought she got off easy with a "perfect" oldest son, but he's starting to be a lot of work at 19!! Much better to get it over with in younger years, imo.

• Like 3
A neice was such a sweet girl as a child. Upto age 10 she was so easy. Then came the drama. Now in her teens, it is such a rollercoaster of good days and bad days (tears, exaggeration, drama). Nothing bad; just draining.

Will the drama fade as she hits high school? college age? 20's? Ever?!

You're male aren't you...? ;)

I suppose it's hormones and basic personality combined with a type of parenting that managed to encourage it.

I was never like that. Many others are not either. And some never outgrow it.

But for a lot of boys and girls they go through a rebellious phase. I never had anything to rebel against.

• Like 2
I was never like that.

haha doesnt everyone think that though!? :laugh:

Telling you, my folks were seriously lucky to have such a perfect, trouble free, son.......they might tell you different though :lmao: haha ahh to be misunderstood! :(:lmao:

• Like 2

Telling you, my folks were seriously lucky to have such a perfect, trouble free, son.......they might tell you different though :lmao: haha ahh to be misunderstood! :(:lmao:

No, everyone doesn't say that about themselves.

I was mostly on my own by my early teens. I had to be responsible very young and had little to rebel against.

If teens are having tantrums about curfews etc. that's only because they have them.

• Like 2

I've raised a boy and a girl who are now adults. My son was the biggest pain in the ass during his teen years, my daughter was the easy one. I'm now raising a nine year old daughter, and so far so good. It's a crap shoot.:p

• Like 2

Nah, I don't think so. I was quite nice for a teenager. Sure, I had my moments, but there was very little drama. A few slammed doors when I didn't get my way, sure, but not more than that.

Even my mom says that both me and my brother were good teens. Not perfect, but good! :)

Lol. It never ends. Only the level of drama diminishes over time and experience. I have worked with drama queens who are well into their 40s and 50s.

The smart ones learn quickly that they won't win the best actress award with the acting nonsense they try to pull off.

Let me break out the world's smallest violin for ya honey and you can cry me a river in song.

• Like 2
Father'sGentleFlower

Ok I can tell you from experience that there girls with drama, a lot of drama, little bit of drama, and no drama at all. Do not blame it on her being a girl, she needs to be taught that she is in control of her own life and what she gets involved in. It's something Her parents need to teach her, I feel like that's the best lesson anyone could learn.

• Like 1

The terrible twos and the teen years are very well a time of identity and social pressure. Both stages require rebelling and drama. I marvelled in how my kids went thru them. Each unique and each fairing well when it dissipated. Parents sometimes cringe at those phases ( which are a right of passage), yet it was necessary and helped improve their uniqueness and similarities in a world that seems unmanageable at times. Some get stuck in those phases.... and remain there. As they say YMMV, contingent on the person. Heck I still rebel at some of the things in society....it's a life thing.

It depends on the woman. Some calm down after their teen years are over, and then there are others who are still overly dramatic in their 30's and 40's and even beyond. I find this to be the same with men and it's just horrendous the boundaries that they cross just to prove a point. *shudders*