2nd Wife Won't Blend

CD1969

I've been married about a year. I have 3 kids and she has 3 Kids. I know "Brady Bunch". She is always trying to do things without my kids, but if I do something without hers, its a big deal. The recent situation, is a Bday celebration for her son. We typically have the kids on the same weekend, but every once in a while it gets switched to help out the exes. The Bday celebration is on an off weekend, and she planned the party, but only included her family and waited to the last minute to tell me about it. She planned the party with her sister, which is unusual to say the least. My kids and my family have been excluded. I think this strange. I feel like she wants 2 families not one. I only want one. Anyone have any thoughts about this? Thanks

I'm not sure why this wasn't a discussion/deal breaker before you got married?!!!!!!????!?!?!??!!??!

It would have been for me if my soon to be husband wasn't willing to include my child in his plans.

• Like 1

Sounds like you are ready to address this with your spouse. Do so with facts and resolutions. Otherwise you are going to be secondary to her goal of keeping the great divide going. My step mother over compensated with her children and as glaring as the facts were , my dad did nothing to stand up for the family unit as a whole. It does little good to question the past decisions. Instead create a consistency that is fair to all the children and shows regard for the family system.

• Like 1