Candy Pants is having a baby...words of wisdom and support!

Smilecharmer

Smilecharmer

Hey beautiful mama. I just wanted to start a thread in support of your upcoming birth. I remember my first darling....my little boy who has his daddy's smile and his mama's blonde hair. I love being a mama. There are so many things you will think you need to do but the only one that mattered in the end was making sure I was a happy woman who made sure they were healthy and loved. I was hoping other parents here would give you their support and words of encouragement. I am so happy for your first child. There is nothing else in the world that is the same as being a parent.

:love:

• Like 10
Snakechammah

May your little one be as lovely and smart as his/her mama! All the best for the arrival, Candy_pants!

Hugs! :bunny:

PS: SmileCharmer, you're such a sweetie to start this!

• Like 6

Good luck Candy Pants!!

That love you will instantaneously feel is not like anything you ever experienced before!!

It's incredible!! :love:

I hope everything goes really well for all of you! xo

• Like 7
Citizen Erased

Always have a camera of any kind nearby, you're going to want to take endless photos!

Good luck with the birth, really hope everything goes well. It's really the best feeling when they're in your arms. :love:

• Like 7

Candy you'll be a great Mum. It's going to be fun. Hopefully she will not keep you up as much as mine did! The next few years will fly by.

• Like 6
  • Author
Smilecharmer
Candy you'll be a great Mum. It's going to be fun. Hopefully she will not keep you up as much as mine did! The next few years will fly by.

This reminds me.....love every moment. :laugh:

• Like 4

I'm not going to lie, it won't always be a pink cloud you will be sitting on but raising that little one will be some of the best years of your life.

My advice is that you also keep taking time for yourself, especially after the first intense few months. If you look after yourself you will have much more energy to be the mom you want to be. There is nothing selfish about that.

Good luck, Candy (but I know you won't need it, you will do great :))

• Like 6
todreaminblue

for candypants

when its your time to give birth is due,

your feelings will likely overwhelm you,

feelings of being blessed,

while during contractions you get to rest,

your thoughts will be on ten fingers and ten little toes,

also on two little eyes and a cute button nose,

and as you push and the baby comes with a lusty cry,

you candypants finally give that happy sigh,

and as you count those fingers and those ten toes,

you will be happier than you can ever know,

when you hold that bundle close and your heart does swell,

candy pants will have tears to cry, that all went well

and onto her phone she will post loveshack her tale to tell....ok maybe not straight away...smilin atcha ....you will be a wonderful mum candypants...best wishes....deb

• Like 4

It WON'T always be amazing, but try your best not to wish it away. Even in the sleepless nights, try to find something to treasure and remember. My oldest will be an adult soon and I swear his life so far has flown by. I wished away so many bad nights and so many exhausting days. I wish I had lived in the moment more and savored the time.

Not so much right now, but as babe gets a bit older, make memories. Life is all about the memories/moments. Even doing simple mundane things with my kids, I try to "multi task" and fit at least one thing or special moment in to the day that they will enjoy. I don't necessarily mean something huge like going to Disney. ;) For instance, if I need to travel a hour or so away for an errand or somewhere specific that I need to go, I'll google and see what may be in the area that they may enjoy. Whether that be a new playground we've never visited, a hike, zoo, place to feed ducks, etc. Google and smart phones have been FABULOUS for the type of mom that I am because we can be somewhere that they kids are totally bored and frustrated with b/c it's something that has no interest for them. All I have to do is google on my phone quickly for something family fun/friendly in the area and I can turn the small frustrating and irritating for kids trip in to something memorable.

My motto on life as a mom is "It's all about the memories." :)

• Like 4
for candypants

when its your time to give birth is due,

your feelings will likely overwhelm you,

feelings of being blessed,

while during contractions you get to rest,

your thoughts will be on ten fingers and ten little toes,

also on two little eyes and a cute button nose,

and as you push and the baby comes with a lusty cry,

you candypants finally give that happy sigh,

and as you count those fingers and those ten toes,

you will be happier than you can ever know,

when you hold that bundle close and your heart does swell,

candy pants will have tears to cry, that all went well

and onto her phone she will post loveshack her tale to tell....ok maybe not straight away...smilin atcha ....you will be a wonderful mum candypants...best wishes....deb

<3 <3 <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've never given birth but I hear you get an inflatable donut to sit on afterwards. :confused:

Use it.

If your husband wants to give you a birthing present, a colored stone would look lovely on you. Go for yellow. :)

Most of all I wish you tons of hugs and lots of love.

Agree with everyone that you're gonna be a wonderful mighty mum. :)

• Like 3

Its unconditional love like you never thought possible :love:

When they look at you and smile.. sheesh - you could triple all the sick & crying & throwing food & not sleeping & everything else that makes you tear your hair out and it would still be worth it. Definition of priceless right there :love:

Seriously through, my parenting tip (for all that's worth) is trust your gut! Folk always tell you to do this or do that, you shaping a little adult - but your shaping your little adult. For all the fancy degrees these experts have who write their books no one knows your kid better than you!

• Like 5

Best wishes Candy, I hope it all goes really well for you.:)

Being a mum is frustrating, tiring, makes you broke, takes away most of your spare time, but the most rewarding and wonderful experience in my life to date.

My 2 boys drive me mad at times, but the pride I feel over raising them to become decent, respectful and sucessful young men is worth every second of heartache and pain along the way.

• Like 3
Michelle ma Belle

I wrote this poem when my son was 3 years old (he's now 15). Thought I'd share it with you and show you what you have to look forward to and what will be the most important thing in your life from now on.

All best to you and your new family <3

Hug a Little Tighter

When I walk down the street,

See a child laughing,

It's you I hear.

I want to tell you how happy you make mommy,

Tickle your tummy and

Hug a little tighter.

When I drive down the road,

See a child playing,

It's you I see.

Jumping, climbing or just swinging.

I want to tell you how proud you make mommy,

Stroke your hair and

Hug a little tighter.

When I sit on a bench,

See a child crying,

It's you I feel.

Sad, afraid or just lonely.

I want to tell you how much mommy loves you,

Kiss your cheek and

Hug a little tighter.

So if I seem rushed,

Distant or preoccupied with clutter,

It's you I need.

Laughing, playing or crying.

I want you to remind me what is most important,

Climb into my lap so we can

Hug a little tighter.

• Like 4

When I was born, my aunt told Mum not to have the house silent when I slept - that she wouldn't be able to get anything done otherwise. She didn't blast music, obviously, but she let the washing machine run, things like that.

She didn't do the same with my sister, for some reason (Mum was back over here, not staying with family). I find the sound of the dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, vacuum, etc, can still lull me to sleep when I go to bed, or take a nap, but my sister can't take the slightest sound.

Best of luck. :love:

• Like 3
todreaminblue
When I was born, my aunt told Mum not to have the house silent when I slept - that she wouldn't be able to get anything done otherwise. She didn't blast music, obviously, but she let the washing machine run, things like that.

She didn't do the same with my sister, for some reason (Mum was back over here, not staying with family). I find the sound of the dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, vacuum, etc, can still lull me to sleep when I go to bed, or take a nap, but my sister can't take the slightest sound.

i definitely believe that you should not have a silent house.......having background noise allows for sudden noise to not wake a sleeping baby......deb

• Like 1

This makes so much sense!! My mom must've had parties while I slept because I can sleep through anything (even earthquakes) :p.

Tomorrow is the baby shower!! I hear there'll be a pineapple cake involved :bunny:.

Also found my pediatrician. She's sooooooo sweet. I think I can trust my baby girl with her.

• Like 2

Simply put, They will be your teacher and you their student. They will walk you thru life , thru their eyes, sometimes funny, sometimes trying, all the time knowing that together you are family. And nothing compares to that everlasting elation of love and pride you will endure. And its okay to make mistakes, Kids learn best when we act human.