Why did they do this?

ThursdayChild

ThursdayChild

Hi everyone

I had a family member donate to a hospital for sick children on my behalf to honor me having a baby. My baby is not sick.

Was she just trying to be nice or send me some sort of message? Why did they do that?

Should I thank them?

Thanks everyone

Philosoraptor

Would you think someone donating to the wounded warriors on your behalf was wrong because you're not a combat vet?

Sounds like a nice gesture, yes say thank you. Your baby is healthy and what better way to celebrate than to help out children that aren't as lucky to be in good health.

Don't over analyze.

• Like 2
Sounds like a nice gesture, yes say thank you. Your baby is healthy and what better way to celebrate than to help out children that aren't as lucky to be in good health.

Don't over analyze.

Yeah... good post

Some people think charitable donations in someone else's name make good gifts. They picked that charity because it was child related & possibly as a karma thing to hope that your child never needs those kinds of services.

• Like 1

It was tacky [as charitable donations in someone's name without their consent usually are] and absolutely stupid considering what she chose to donate to, but is it worth drawing their attention to it and showing these new-age hipsters what idiots they are ... i don't think so. :)

• Author
ThursdayChild

this person also bought me a real gift but I couldn't understand the donation when my kids are healthy

this person also bought me a real gift but I couldn't understand the donation when my kids are healthy

Do you never donate to worthy causes? It has nothing to do with the health of YOUR kids.

See the very first response to your OP. I have to ask, what is your culture, or what country are you from? The whole concept of thanking people graciously seems to be foreign to you, as do random acts of kindness. It's a recurring theme here. It's great that you're asking for advice, but I am curious as to your lack of knowledge/etiquette.

• Author
ThursdayChild
Do you never donate to worthy causes? It has nothing to do with the health of YOUR kids.

See the very first response to your OP. I have to ask, what is your culture, or what country are you from? The whole concept of thanking people graciously seems to be foreign to you, as do random acts of kindness. It's a recurring theme here. It's great that you're asking for advice, but I am curious as to your lack of knowledge/etiquette.

Thanks for your response. I have donated to causes yes, just not in someone else's name. I am in the US. I am also grateful for all the advice.