Feeling very very broody?

hopeislife

I am in my late twenties and lately I have been feeling extremely broody.

My career requires me to travel quite a bit and it can be quite hectic.

I have met some great people including guys a long the way.But admittedly I can be quite lazy when it comes to dating.I'm starting to that I am I may have let my soulmate slip away.

A lot of my friends are getting married and having kids but that is not the reason I am feeling this way.I really cant get it out of my head

I would never have kids outside of marriage.Not that I think there is anything wrong with that,but just because I would prefer to be settled and married before I start a family.

I really am craving it.I keep thinking what it would be like to be a mother and to hold your child etc ...I think it is because I am at that age.

I was always one to be scared of serious relationships and because of this I tended to back off when it did get serious,but now I wish for more meaning.

Please help.Any advice would be appreciated.And I know with me being single this may sound strange but..

My eldest is nearly 24 and has bouts off broodiness which can bother her a lot. This has been happening for the past two years. Prior to that she always said she would never have children, lol. Strangely enough for her this happens primarily when she sees Japanese or Chinese children, whom she has for some unknown reason always, always, always especially loved. She doesn't particularily spend time with children but children have always come to her easily and she is extremely nurturing with them, without effort - but thinks to have one off her own would be too much hassle. She works in media and her job is her life. I have said to her to look into adoption as this may be part off her path, what with the whole fascination with children from another culture thing. There may be a child out there who she is meant to take on or something like that?

Broodiness is natures way off provoking us methinks but it is best always to look into the logistics off what it would mean for you to have a child. I mean, I had to get really creative in order to accommodate my children once they were school age.

Overall, I would have a back up plan in case Mr Right doesn't come along, such as looking at what sperm banks can offer, adoption, fostering etc and get on with your life. I mean it's not like you are going to have a child next year or anything! Although, you never know... these things can work out strangely. :laugh:

.. but I understand that the feelings can be pretty intense though.

I would also have a gynaecological check up. When I was broody the other year it turned out I had major gynaecological issues I didn't even know about and was in fact infertile. My body was just going through the motions due to hormonal imbalances. I am ok now but it was a shock at the time. In my pre op group there was a 30 year old woman, who basically cried through the whole session. I will never forget her.

Take yourself seriously and cover all bases. It will help when those feelings come again.

Take care,

Eve x

• Like 1