How was your Father's Day?

Mine was ok I guess.. I didn't get any store bought cards, ( I hate em ), I got home made cards from my 2 daughters, my youngest and middle sons wished me a Happy Father's Day and my oldest didn't wish me anything except to quit insisting that he do his chores.

I did lose my composure in Church though. The Pastor was talking about his Father who died in October, ( Mine did too ) and how he's been waiting for the phone to ring because they've always talked to each other on this holiday. I was hoping for the same thing. This is my second year of not getting that phone call,.....and I still get choked up. I do miss him a lot. Even though he left us at a very young age, we since re-connected and I loved him dearly.

I did get to lay on the couch after Church and watch the race un interrupted.....so that was nice. How about the rest of you Father's out there?

HokeyReligions

Father's day (& mother's day) are difficult for us since both of our kids are gone. We went to Best Buy on Saturday and bought a whole bunch of movies and used Father's Day as an excuse -- then we spent the rest of the weekend watching TV and trying to forget.

We spent way too much money! We bought:

1st Season of Quantum Leap

Shindler's List

The Green Mile (I watched it last night and cried---great movie if you haven't seen it)

Blade

El Dorado

True Grit

The Son's of Katie Elder

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

Two more John Wayne movies I don't remember

Christmas Vacation (Nat'l Lampoon)

Back To Bataan

Battleground

and a bunch of other WWII movies that I can't remember.

All together we bought 18 movies! Hubby doesn't drink, but I coasted through the weekend on 'ritas and whiskey sours. He ate a lot of stuff that he is not supposed to have (he's diabetic).

He called his step-father and wished him a happy father's day and we gave him a copy of Band of Brothers. (If anyone is looking for that mini-series, it's like $94 at Best Buy and $65 at Sam's Club! We bought it at Sam's)

I'm always glad to get mother's day and father's day over with.

• Author

You and your husband have my taste in movies, "True Grit", is my favorite Wayne movie, sorry to hear that these, "Holidays" depress you, but sounds like you had fun anyways!!!