"My son has had the cold for two months and he needs to be immunized"

noirprincesse

noirprincesse

My son has had the cold for two (2) months now. I kept taking him to the doctor and they keep giving me the same medicine called Histal and it is not working. Because of this my son has not had his one year checkup as yet and he turned one on January 7th, he needs his immunization shot.

What should I do?

You should see a different doctor and get proper treatment for your child. You are with the wrong doctor if he cannot cure your child of this cold and if you don't feel asking him the question you asked here. ONLY a licensed medical practitioner should be giving you medical advice.

In the event you can't afford to change doctors, consider going to your local health department where medical care for children is free or at a very low cost.

Being a little late with an immunization shot wouldn't concern me as much as the baby not being able to get over his cold.

I agree with Tony in discussing this with your pediatrician and ask about trying a different antibiotic. I do know babies who are teething can hold onto cold symptoms for a long time. Most doctors will answer your questions with explanations. If you aren't satisfied with the answer, then go to another doctor as soon as possible.

Check around some of the 'New Mom / Baby' sites on the web and see if you can pick up additional information.

I hope your baby feels better soon!!!! :)