is there something wrong or is this normal?

cassy_1987

ok I am not posting here to be told how stupid i am for even thinking of this cause i know it now but here goes........

I was with this guy for 11 months, after the first 3months we decided to start trying for a baby! so we used no protection at all. 8months later we broke up, and I never did get pregnant. I was upset at the time and all, but i got over it.

then after him i got into a relationship with a guy that i had been with beofre. We were together for just over 2months, and once again the whole relationship I never used protection. so basically i tired for almost a yr and nothing....I dont know if theres somehing wrong with me or if that is normal in some people. it would be nice to know for when i want to have a baby! i would really like some advice on this! THX

My advice is to wait to have a baby with a man who will be there to help parent it. When this happens, if you still can't get pregnant, you should see a doctor, things can be done.

DerangedAngel
I was with this guy for 11 months, after the first 3months we decided to start trying for a baby! so we used no protection at all.

Um, whoa. How old are you? Under age aren't you? If I were you, before making any further plans to make babies with Josh/Randy/Ryan/____ whoever, I'd get myself to the nearest clinic and get checked for STD's.

-Deranged

• 2 weeks later...

There's only one way to find out. Get to a clinic and find out if all the bits and pieces are working they way they should be.

It'll put your mind at rest on that count and depending on the result you can plan the way you want the next relationship to pan out.

I'd take a good look at the other replies also.

silversoulfly
Originally posted by DerangedAngel

Um, whoa. How old are you? Under age aren't you? If I were you, before making any further plans to make babies with Josh/Randy/Ryan/____ whoever, I'd get myself to the nearest clinic and get checked for STD's.

-Deranged

Dido. You have your whole ahead of you, so why f@ck it all up now when you've barely begun? I'm under the impression that it would be best for you if you can't have children, because you should just wait like dyermaker said.

It may be normal, since it is common to not ovulate every month in the first few years of menstration.

But more importantly, try not to have kids until you are more settled in life. I had my first when I was 19 and wasn't ready for all the sleepless nights and demands that a baby makes. I had my third at 32 and it made a huge difference for the baby to be planned when we were emotionally and financially stable. I've enjoyed the last two so much more. Not that I didn't love the first, it was just a lot harder.

I'm not trying to pychoanalyze you or anything, but I can't help thinking that you may be trying to fill an emotional void by having a baby. Could this be the case?

Do you have any plans for the future, college, etc?

i'lll bet you're very young "huh", would you like to know why i say that? because anyone over the age of 18 understands the responsibility that comes with a baby. if you don't believe me ask my sister who's 26 and had this idea that the man she was with would stay with her forever, after she had her baby; now she's on welfare and the baby's daddy does'nt even care about his son! you may think you're going to stay with the guy you're with, but guys lie! they'll tell women they don't care about anything to get into their pants. Think about it, jobs gone, free time gone, clothes gone, crying baby until 3 Am, living in your parents house till you're thirty-nine, is it really worth the five-minutes of pleasure. i'm 30 and i'm still not ready to have a family, it's a tough world to make a living in, be smart give-up the baby thing until you're married or at least old enough to understand all the underpinnings, OK!

• 2 weeks later...
:o First off let me ask you this. Are you thinking about getting preganent while you are having sex? I know that may seem a lil personal but if you are then chances are you are not going to be until you stop. Just have fun...Trust me from expreience.

Hi. I've been a registered member here for a long time, but posted only very rarely. I just dont feel the need to post unless i have something to say.

This is just my opinion, and you know what they say about those, but I am very concerned about your motivations for becoming pregnant, considering not only your obvious lack of maturity( not an insult, maturity comes with age and experience), but also your method of acheiving this goal of pregnancy. As in the earlier posts in this subject, you must really consider all the aspects of parenting.

I was the daughter of a teenaged mother. She thought she wanted me, but was too young to be a proper parent to me. I spent my life abused physically, sexually, and emotionally... passed from home to home foster home to shelters... you get the idea. I was also born with Fetal alcohol syndrome as well as cerebral palsy and a clubbed foot due to her use of certain substances during pregnancy.

I finally went out on my own at the age of 14, and started my own cycle. One major reason for my desire to have a child at the age of 19 was to have someone to love and love me. The boy who fathered my child left me... and it could have ended disastrously. However due to my own experiences, i realized the path i was going down and got involved in counciling and parenting classes, which helped me to become an exceptional parent... but i have been lucky and worked very hard.

when i got married, my husband adopted my daughter. She has two parents who love and care for her very much... but i did not.

so my question for you is- What kind of life do you want for your child? i promise you that if you wait, that life will be much, much better. For both of you.

take care,

Willow

Please, please, Please!!! Take it from someone who has been exactly where you are!!! I got hooked up and marreid to a guy at 18. I was in college at the time. I got pregnant, ended up having to drop out of school to raise a child. We lived comfortably, had a second child. I was a stay at home mom, thought things were great. Then one day after 6 years of marriage, he up and left, claiming "he didnt want the responsibility anymore" We had a very ugly divorce, and it tore me up. My children have to visit their dad. This was not the outcome I had hoped for, but at 18, I had no idea of what might happen. I was so caught up in thinking I loved him and trying to be a perfect wife and mother that I did not realize what was happening. I realize now, at 27, remarried, and with two more kids, that I made a huge mistake. I was not able to determine at 18 what I wanted out of life. I wish I could have that time back to just be a kid and go to college and experience all the things I never will now that I have 4 children. Please, remember that 50% of marriages end up in divorce and it hurts the kids so bad!!! Have fun, live a little while you are young and use this time to figure out who you are and what you want to be. There will be plenty of time for babies with someone you love later on. You will thank-yourself that you waited. Remember, if you have a child, all your firends will be out parting, having fun etc...and you will be stuck home changing diapers and telling your friends you cant go out and spend the money because you have to by clothes, formula and diapers for your infant. You have no idea how quickly you all of a sudden have nothing in common with your friends once you have a baby. You will be left out in the wind. I wish I was you and in the position to rethink my choices...dont get me wrong, I would not trade my kids for anything, but if I could be in your shoes right now, I would ahve made different choices...

HiDDeN PiGLeT

think about what you want. how old are you? i'm only 20 and i know i want kids, but i know i dont want kids just yet. i'm in school right now and i want to finish. before i have kids i want to be stable financially, emotionally and to know that i'll be raising my kids in a loving home where they wouldnt need to want for anything. unfortunately, i may not be able to have kids due to "abnormal growth" in my cervix, (keep my fingers cross that one day i can) but i'm not taking the chance of getting pregnant just yet. i'm a psych major and i'm learning about why people do certain things. my opinion is that you just want someone thats would stick around and love you and someone who you can love, however, there is a lot more to having a child than loving it. yes, i believe that loving a child is one of the most important part of raising a kid, but it take more than just love. love doesnt pay the bills and solve all the problems that come up. just dont go out there and have unprotected sex, you might end up with more than just a baby. you may end up with a lot of things that you dont want. ask yourself what would happen to the child(ren) if you got pregnant and at the same time caught a STD. my b/f works for a safe sex organization and you'd here some horror stories and see people that regreted the things they did without think. all i'm saying is think before you act, because people forget to do that most of the time.

piglet