Question for Fathers

I am a single Mother with three kids. Two girls and One Boy. My question is why is it that Men are sssssoooo against their daughters having sex?

Now don't get me wrong it's not that I encourage my teenage daughter to go out and screw around.... but I don't see it any different in them having sex and my teenage son having sex. I want all my kids to wait until they are mature and ready and don't think any different about my son then my girls. I see my girls being just has full of hormones and curious as my son.

So why is it when it comes to Dad's... they are in a state of panic when their girls start dating... saying outlandish things like waiting until they are 40 etc. Do boys really think that poorly of girls? Is it the fear of pregnancy ? The double standard of it's ok for boys ? It's just always such and over reaction and almost panic in men... so I thought I would ask some Fathers what the deal is???

Worly touches on a very good point!

As well, my H says that he knows what dogs boys/young me/old men are, and that they will many times say or do anything to get sex and then they dump the girl. He says that if he had a D, he would encourage her to not have sex with guys until she has the emotional maturity to tell when a guy really does care about her rather than care about his weenie.

The deal is 9 months growth and 18 years length!:laugh:

Right on!

I'd never let my son walk away from responsibility, but face it, a lot of boys will run away from that. A boy is not the one that has to get the abortion if that's what happens too.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one daughter and she means the world to me. I don't want to see her hurt in any way.. ever. I know Im not going to be able to watch her forever..but the other guys said it best.. I want as much time as I can to help her understand what level of maturity is needed to handle such a thing.

I too want her to have enough self respect to tell a guy to F' off if he's not the right guy..etc. The challenge I foresee (My daughter is only 6 right now) is walking the fine line of not pushing her to rebel while at the same time teaching her the values needed to make good choices.

For a lot of men.. we don't know how to handle that.. all we know is what we don't want..so you see that "panic" you describe..

If someone wants to tell me the best way to handle it.. Im all ears.

• 4 weeks later...
I am a single Mother with three kids. Two girls and One Boy. My question is why is it that Men are sssssoooo against their daughters having sex?

Now don't get me wrong it's not that I encourage my teenage daughter to go out and screw around.... but I don't see it any different in them having sex and my teenage son having sex. I want all my kids to wait until they are mature and ready and don't think any different about my son then my girls. I see my girls being just has full of hormones and curious as my son.

So why is it when it comes to Dad's... they are in a state of panic when their girls start dating... saying outlandish things like waiting until they are 40 etc. Do boys really think that poorly of girls? Is it the fear of pregnancy ? The double standard of it's ok for boys ? It's just always such and over reaction and almost panic in men... so I thought I would ask some Fathers what the deal is???

Because dads have been a guy and around guys long enough to know how they treat, talk about, analyze, degrade women for the sake of having a laugh with or bragging to their peers. I want my daughter to be treated like every woman I have treated that I have cared about. As for my son...he will treat them the same way.