she just crys and says she misses mommy and wants to stay with her mom

My boyfriend has a 7 year old daughter for a previouse marriage, they have been divorced for 2 years......and he has mainly full custody of her.......he has her during the week, and every other weekend.......if his ex wife wants her during the times....he has her.......he lets her have the daughter.....they get along very well.....But last month his ex took her to cal. for vacation for a week.....and ever since she came back.........alls she wants is her mother.....he expected that since she spent all that time with her....things havent gotten any better....now everytime its his time with her......she just crys and says she misses mommy and wants to stay with her mom........she says now she is confused of why they cant do anything together anymore (the 3 of them) and out of the blue is blaming him for there divorce........(which she cheated on him twice) he asked her if I was the problem. and she said NO...she really likes me....which i know she does.......I just dont know how to handle this situation or what to say......I think the ex wife is saying something to her........but he doesnt really agree to a point........I just get so upset seeing him hurt .cause he is very close with his daughter........

This is hard it sounds like all this will take is time. at 7 she doesn't fully understand everything Just be her friend right now and form a relationship with her all kids will miss there mothers that's normal but with time she will cope.