10 month old new sleeping habbits

slatka_sarah

slatka_sarah

Hello all! My husband and I have been blessed to have a healthy baby that loves to sleep. He's in bed and asleep at 8:30 every night, wakes up around 6:30 to eat and get a new diaper, then back asleep til about 8am. He's been like this since he was about 4 months old (I was very strict on setting up a good sleep habbit/pattern with him). However lately, he's been going completely bonkers at night! He's much more mobile now and is starting to stand on his own and is more familiar with his bodily movements now. Having said that, I have to put him in bed by 7:45 now if I want him to be asleep by 8:30 or 9 because he is just so crazy in his crib. It's hilarious to watch and very cute, but even once he tires himself out and falls asleep, when he rolls over during the night, his blankets fall off, and he hates it, so he wakes up and fusses until I come into the room to tuck him back in. I even burrito-wrap the blanket around him like I did when he was a newborn and he still manages to shake the covers off. I'm up maybe 3 times during the night now. I know it could be a LOT worse, believe me I'm well aware that we've got it good but I feel bad that he keeps getting disturbed during the night.

Anyone esle experience something similar? If so, are you just putting up with it or were you able to take care of the situation?

Many thanks!

Hi!

Have you started him on solids yet? I remember this happening when my first was around 10-12 months. Maybe he's fussing for a little more than milk or more food if he's eating solids already. Porridge last thing with a little sliced banana worked a little. He's also probably trying out some moves in preparation for walking - does he stand in the cot yet?

Maybe try tiring him out a little more in the day.

• Author
slatka_sarah

Thanks for the reply!

Yes - he's been on solids since he was 4 months old now. He has a lot of teeth for his age so he's been on solid bananas, canteloups, grapes, peas, etc for a couple months as well. I'm thinking it may be contributnig to his 1st set of incoming molars...but he's not crying, he's just babbling away and doing this Michael Jackson-like pelvic thrust...thing.

Savanna-O

This is the thing with babies- they go through so many different stages.. this one will pass and he will move onto something else lol

I don't know if this would work because it's not quite the same, but you could try those sleep suits, you know where the bottom is like a sleeping bag? they're really cosy and obviously don't come off.

http://www.babyroom.ie/images/dvd/Mop_and_Squeak_Sleepsuit.gif

Something like that maybe? I thought about using them with my toddler, she is the same, so restless at night and always ends up with the covers off her.. but luckily it doesn't wake her up.

It's trial and error.

that is so unbelievably cute! :laugh:

yes, there are lot of different designs... I'm pretty sure they sell them in the rest of the world... :D

• Author
slatka_sarah

I used a sleep sack on him for the first 3 months of his life - I had no idea they're for "big kids" too, ha! Maybe I will give it a go, wouldn't hurt. However - we are being hit with some heavy duty heat right now, but we're not to the point in which we need to turn our AC on, so I think that may be too hot....I don't know. Maybe we'll just need to wait this one out lol.

Many thanks for the input ;)

BlueeyedJonesy

I am going through the SAME EXACT thing with my DD she just turned 10 months and is throwing fits when I lay her down for bed (7:30) she use to go to sleep at 7pm and wake up at 7am everyday like clockwork. I started rocking her every night and singing to her and she is getting back to it..it takes about 30mins but its well worth it. My DS did the same thing he got to an age where he wouldnt go to bed without me singing and rocking him. I would try a halo sleep sack for the blanket problem. good luck