keep my baby sleeping!

paperthinheart

paperthinheart

I have a 6 1/2 month old daughter who is the most amazing baby ever. she is really smart, and advanced for her age :) she is already crawling alllllll over the place and she has just begun to start walking with help... and standing on her own...

one problem... i cant get her to sleep through the night. we do bath and then i make sure to feed her right before bed with her cereal and solids so that she will stay fuller over night so she doesnt wake up as much... she always ends up waking up 2 or 3 times just for 3 or 4 ounces of her bottle... its not a big deal, but when she wakes up she is up for a good hour or so cutting in to my sleep and my fiance's. we both have jobs to be up for in the mornings and when she is up all night we are just exhausted... we try to keep her awake until at least 11pm every night so that we can maybe sneak in a few extra minutes in the morning to sleep..

please please help me! any ideas or suggestions would be amazing.:confused:

nittygritty

She might be sleeping too much during the day.

See if shorter naps and more activity throughout the day helps.

• Author
paperthinheart

the thing is, she is extemely active... she never stops moving and going! she takes one 2 hour nap during the early afternoon...

any other advice?

Lookingforward

some babes are just that way......... my youngest barely slept once she was past the newborn stage.......luckily she kept herself amused in her crib even though she was awake.

the only advice I have for you is that if at all possible when she does , make sure you put your head down too :bunny:

I have a 6 1/2 month old daughter who is the most amazing baby ever. she is really smart, and advanced for her age :) she is already crawling alllllll over the place and she has just begun to start walking with help... and standing on her own...

one problem... i cant get her to sleep through the night. we do bath and then i make sure to feed her right before bed with her cereal and solids so that she will stay fuller over night so she doesnt wake up as much... she always ends up waking up 2 or 3 times just for 3 or 4 ounces of her bottle... its not a big deal, but when she wakes up she is up for a good hour or so cutting in to my sleep and my fiance's. we both have jobs to be up for in the mornings and when she is up all night we are just exhausted... we try to keep her awake until at least 11pm every night so that we can maybe sneak in a few extra minutes in the morning to sleep..

please please help me! any ideas or suggestions would be amazing.:confused:

Try keeping your little bundle very active durning the day. Lot's of floor time, visual stimulation and very few naps.A nice warm bath right before her bedtime is also a good way to settle baby in. Best of luck. I have been there x3.

AP:)