15 year old having boyfriend to stay

Do you think it is wise to allow your 15 year old daughters boyfriend to stay the night even if it is on the sofa, but the sofa is in the room next to your daughter and you are asleep on the floor above?

If him and your daugther want to have sex they will find a way, I think its irrelevant if he stays at your house or not.

Do you think it is wise to allow your 15 year old daughters boyfriend to stay the night even if it is on the sofa, but the sofa is in the room next to your daughter and you are asleep on the floor above?

This is a tough question.. Is your daughter on BC pill? If not, maybe you should consider..

they probably already had sex... :o

You know your daughter better than anyone else..

OH... Eureka.. put him a BC6000... :laugh:

bentnotbroken

I have a 15 year old daughter(and I thank God, I just have one:p)She isn't allowed to date until she is 16, and then only in groups. She has a boyfriend, but he is what we call a phone, internet, school boyfriend. Their relationship is confined to those areas. He isn't allowed to visit her, or visa versa. I have spoken with his parents and we are all in agreement that they are too young right now to go out. I still have some things to teach her before I am comfortable with letting her go out. Like Tae Kwon Doo!:laugh:

Now why would he want to stay the night for anyways? The way you put it, your question seems rhetoric! I take it that by "wise" you mean relative to sex. So if you're going to spend the night alert, ready to pounce at the lightest sound, then it's probably not "wise". If you think it's okay for them to do IT, talk to them at dinner and give the bf a box of condoms and your blessing!

Or maybe you should sleep with your daughter, lock the room door, and swallow the key ;)

Then again, I don't have a 15 year old kid, so what do i know? I shouldn't even be posting here! :p

I think it's fine, because they Will find a way to have sex whether or not you allow him to stay the night. My mother allowed my sister and I to have our boyfriends stay over for the night--but he stayed in our brother's bedroom. There was nothing going on though--we respected our mother. But there was a lot going on when mom wasn't around on other days ;)

LucreziaBorgia

I have to second the 'what do his parents say' question. Why does he need to stay there? Is it necessity, or just something your daughter wants him to be able to do?

I have to second the 'what do his parents say' question. Why does he need to stay there? Is it necessity, or just something your daughter wants him to be able to do?

I have the same questions.

I could understand if he lives farther away and is visiting for awhile so he needs a place to stay; but I think at 15 it is entirely inappropriate and unnecessary.

I'm sure at 15 I probably would have wanted my bf to sleep over, but my parents would have never put up with it. I respected their decision. I think if they had let me, I probably would have just tried to get away with more and more, too.

When I go to my families home since I'm not married they don't let me have girls spend the night. In fact I'm not even aloud to go into a room and close the door when I have a girl in my families home... And I'm a 24 year old man who has had sex already. Maybe they will find a way to have sex any ways, but if I was a parent of a daughter or son I wouldn't allow it to happen in my house. And plus I would have the worst nights sleep

whichwayisup

You may trust your daughter, but DO NOT trust a 15 year old boy. Hello raging HORMONES, late at night..Sneaking around..Touchy touchy, kissy, kissy.

I have to ask but why and what are the circumstances of this 15 year old boy sleeping over?

Trialbyfire

I don't see the necessity to allow him to stay overnight. I also wouldn't want to appear to passively condone a relationship beyond a few kisses and hand holding, between 15 year olds.

Well, I would talk to the boy's parents and find out if there is a reason for this, say, if they are out of town. If there is, then, I would have the daughter sleep upstairs, the boy in the room downstairs and you on the couch.

Although the poster who says that if they want to have sex, they'll find a place to do it anyway, is on the mark. Still, why should it be in your house? They both need to know that your house is one that has to respected and the house rules followed.

I dont care what the reason is. He's old enough to stay home alone at 15 for one night. And definetly dont let your daughter visit him if you know he's home alone for the night

Citizen Erased

I was 16 when I first stayed over at a boys house :p Except I was in a room next to the parents and we were made to go to bed at about 10.

So, we just had sex until 10 and then I woke up early the next day and climbed into bed with him ;)

If they are having sex, they will find a way. And with you upstairs, you will give them the perfect opportunity, it will give them the impression that it is okay with you if they do. Whilst you cannot stop them from having sex, except for locking her in her bedroom of course, I would advise you not to allow him to stay.

I think they should wait to engage in sexual activity for a year or two but

am I the only one who thinks it would be better for them to "do it" in your house then some random place like in a car?

I don't condone it but it seems to me for their first "experience" it would be better to have it in a more enjoyable setting where your daugther and her boyfriend would be in a position to make responsible reproductive choices instead of trying to hide the fact they are having sex.

While its really hot to think of a teenaged Coco getting her freak on, this should be your nightmare. Your daughter should not have sex at her age, all you can do is try to educate her about how much she has to gain both physicaly and emotionaly by waiting. You don't need to tempt her and torture yourself by allowing boys to start spending the night at your place.

While its really hot to think of a teenaged Coco getting her freak on, this should be your nightmare. Your daughter should not have sex at her age, all you can do is try to educate her about how much she has to gain both physicaly and emotionaly by waiting. You don't need to tempt her and torture yourself by allowing boys to start spending the night at your place.

In theory what you say is great and I agree with it, but in reality thats not probably what is going to happen.

Trialbyfire
In theory what you say is great and I agree with it, but in reality thats not probably what is going to happen.

If solid foundations are given to a child, they will wait. I waited until I was 18, even though the opportunities were plenty.

thats like the parents who let their kids and their friends get drunk in their house because they say "better here then some where else...". I'm not a parent, but if I become one this is not the way I will do it. I respect that your child is there own person, You try to teach them the right thing to do, and if they decide not to follow it, then so be it. But if my kid comes to me and asks for alchol, or asks to let there SO spend the night, or what ever else I'm not just going to cave in and do what they want. In fact I'd probably have a talk with the bf of my daughter about the importance of teen abstinance and then let him know what I would do if I ever found out he was doing something with my daughter. Obviously what ever happens is going to happen but she shouldn't just let him spend the night, I mean even if she knows they are already having sex, I still wouldn't let him spend the night

thats like the parents who let their kids and their friends get drunk in their house because they say "better here then some where else...". I'm not a parent, but if I become one this is not the way I will do it. I respect that your child is there own person, You try to teach them the right thing to do, and if they decide not to follow it, then so be it. But if my kid comes to me and asks for alchol, or asks to let there SO spend the night, or what ever else I'm not just going to cave in and do what they want. In fact I'd probably have a talk with the bf of my daughter about the importance of teen abstinance and then let him know what I would do if I ever found out he was doing something with my daughter. Obviously what ever happens is going to happen but she shouldn't just let him spend the night, I mean even if she knows they are already having sex, I still wouldn't let him spend the night

Ignorance is bliss?

Ignorance is bliss?

I don't think its ignorance. Ignorance is refusing to teach your children about sex and when and how (condoms) it should be had. Even if her daughter is already having sex she doesn't need to let it happen in her house.

I don't think its ignorance. Ignorance is refusing to teach your children about sex and when and how (condoms) it should be had. Even if her daughter is already having sex she doesn't need to let it happen in her house.

I don't see how the location makes a difference,