Mending relationship with husbands SIL

cwashi04

About 8 years ago, I had gotten married, had a baby and lost my mother all within a year. I was going through so much mentally and emotionally with no support and I began to lash out at people and my husbands SIL was one of those people. I had always pretended to like her and tried my best to get along with her. She came off as being very insecure, competitive and catty. She treated me as if I was trying to take her husband from her or like I wanted to steal her shine and I gave her no reason to think that of me.....she is like that with most women who come in her space. But anyway, I got sick of her pokes at me and being on her emotional roller coaster so I addressed her. But because I was angry at the time, I didnt address her correctly and I offended her. I apologized but she stayed mad. She also blatantly disrespected me while I was 3 months pregnant and I went completely off so now she doesnt speak to me at all. When the family is together, she will stay on the other side of the room and then the family is divided. I have done many self inventories and I am in a better head space. I hate the division and I hate that it has gotten so out of hand between the 2 of us. I feel like she doesnt ever see how she comes off and how she offends other people and she is also not a forgiving or an understanding person. I have thought about trying to reach out to her one last time or trying to see if she would be willing to talk to me so that I can explain to her what I was going through and why I came off the way that I did. I am not sure if she will ignore me, be receptive or what. I dont know if its worth a shot or if I should just leave it alone? How should I approach it?

I would try one more time sincerely taking full responsibility for your part and NOT mentioning her part at all. If she rebuffs that, you have done your best.