Address this or leave it alone?

rainrhonda

So, I have never been a big fan of my step mother (for various reasons that is too much to write) however, we manage to get along and we had one small tiff once but that was years ago.

But my mother loathes her, and she knows this. A few years ago she asked about being friends on Facebook and she seemed understanding that I avoid that for drama control with my mom.

Now suddenly I have figured out she Blocked me on FB, and I have no idea why. And yes I know that she is still on Facebook because of mutual friends. I noticed because we have my father in common. It's very sudden and again, I nothing has happened lately that would prompt this. I don't see them often because they live in a different state.

And since I wasn't her friend to begin with, it's obviously not that I've posted something to offend her. (only friends can see my content)

What's the point of this? Is she looking for drama? Does she want my feelings hurt? I can easily pretend not to notice, which is the most drama free strategy. But I would also like to know what in the world she is thinking. Should I ask my dad? It's likely that he isn't aware of it. Asking him might be some kind of satisfaction she wants. But if she is treating me this way for no reason, shouldn't dad know? They have been married over 20 hrs and no I'm not super close to her. But I am always nice to her in person because it's just the right way to be. What would you do?

Edited by rainrhonda
Scarlett.O'hara

She asked you about Facebook in the past, and you declined (for what you considered good reason).

However, just because she respected your decision doesn't mean that the rejection didn't sting a bit, so perhaps it was easier to block you (and possibly your mother) in order to avoid any hurt feelings on her side or possible drama in the future.

In my experience, blocking is seldom done to gain the other person's attention and cause an issue, quite the opposite in fact.

I wouldn't bring up and cause drama in the family. As long as you can be nice to each other in person, there is no need to be involved in each others social media lives.

In this situation, I would give her the benefit of the doubt.

• Author
She asked you about Facebook in the past, and you declined (for what you considered good reason).

However, just because she respected your decision doesn't mean that the rejection didn't sting a bit, so perhaps it was easier to block you (and possibly your mother) in order to avoid any hurt feelings on her side or possible drama in the future.

In my experience, blocking is seldom done to gain the other person's attention and cause an issue, quite the opposite in fact.

I wouldn't bring up and cause drama in the family. As long as you can be nice to each other in person, there is no need to be involved in each others social media lives.

In this situation, I would give her the benefit of the doubt.

Makes sense however, our FB conversation was at least 3-4 years ago. Why block me 4 years later instead of then? And during a trip to Paris she is on with my father? He was tagging her in Paris pictures and then suddenly, no more tags, so I figured it out. So while on a trip to Paris she suddenly decided to block me? Something feels fishy.

But I will just keep killing her with kindness and pretend not to notice.

May not hurt to note she is a very shady person. In the past she had done very bad things to my dad. But he forgave her. I mean bad like steeling from him and credit card card fraud. She can't be trusted.

• Like 1

I bet she just recently updated her security settings and since you are not Facebook friends with her now you can no longer see any tags or posts that involve her. For example I often see posts on my feeds made by total strangers. It's because me and the stranger have mutual friends and the stranger has lax security settings. If one of our mutual friends likes or comments on a post or photo then I see that person's post too even though we are not Facebook friends and we don't know each other. So I bet your stepmothers page was just open to the general public which allowed you to view photos she had been tagged in. She decided to make her settings private so that only friends can view her page and tags. She didn't block you and she likely wasn't thinking about you at all. She just wanted to secure her page.