Parents, what would you do if this was your child?

Hello.

I posted a lengthy post not too long ago and now I am cutting down so that I can get more responses from parents.

I have a 12 yer old girl who has been experiencing bullying in school.

So now she has been unofficially out of school for these past 2 weeks ( that's another story) and I now have approval to keep her out of school for the last 3 weeks. When I ask her how she feels about being out of school she says that she just wants to go for the last week. Other times she says that she will go to school starting next week and then next week comes and nothing happens.

Well by her not being in school ( I go to work, a relative comes over sometimes during the week) she is basically home all day, mostly sleeping and then working on art and watching online videos. Her sleep schedule is out of whack. She gets lots of sleep but there isn't a schedule. It has affected my sleep as well.

I want to know what you parents thoughts are if this was your child would you keep trying to get her into school for the last 3 weeks or keep her out?

I want the best for her and I have been working every since this bullying started to get her to school. It has consisted of many school meetings with different administrators and with me missing work and being late for work. It has been hectic and so overwhelming. She attempts to go to school and by the third day she says that she just can't do it.

Miss Clavel

she has to go to school, it's the law. unless there is a chance that she will be shot or stabbed, she needs to go.

the cure for depression that has always worked for me is, movement. she needs to get off the bed and start moving.

after she finishes this year, which hopefully she won't fail for excessive absences, you might want to get her into a home school co op.

ask the school if she can get up, get dressed, get there and then maybe sit somewhere safe and do her work.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Deleted quote of entire previous post. ~JC

Having been there, done that I made my DD go to school. It wasn't an option. When she experienced bullying and physical violence, we switched to a charter school and that was that.

This late in the year, I'd find out how they are handling her credits. Is she going to pass? If not, she'd be placed in summer school.

Also, I don't play that do nothing all day in summer. There are chores and there is bedtime. Only exceptions are special occasions.