My Girlfriend's mom is very controlling

Hello I am 22 asian guy and my girlfriend is 21 and she is Native American.i have a long story to share but i will try to be specific as possible.

I met my ex-girlfriend on facebook, by that time she was senior in high school and i was working full time after finishing my high school. I was making 5K a month. My ex parents figured out about our relationship and they were okay at that moment. After 6 months in our realtionship my girlfriend started complaining about her parents treating her bad and giving her extremely bad headache. She cried to me on phone every single day. I was allowed to visit her 3 to 4 times in her mother house. I saw my girlfriend situation was getting very bad and she was having terrible time there. She asked her parents if she can move in with me. Her mom cried and said she lives her and she wont be able to love without her and that i (me) need to start living also in her mother house. Basically her mother was trying that i move up there and spend my life with their daughter in their house. But i did not agree wth that. After 1 more month my ex mom agreed and my ex-girlfriend finally moved in with me at my apartment. We were doing fine in our realtionship for one whole year at my place( except her mother calling and seeing her very often). but unfortunately her mom started complaining to her that' she is missing her, and she is devastated without her.

My girlfriend was needing to see her mom twice a week. ( her mom was living 76 miles from my location and it was not easy for me to take my girlfriend that far twice a week ). I talked to my girlfriend about it and she got mad and said that her mother is right and that she wants to spend more time with her. I made myself feel okay with that situation, but after one more month her mother starting teaching her stuff that will interfere in our relationship. Like she started telling my girlfriend to call her twice a day and text her hundred times a day and stuff. Her mother eventually started taking half of my girlfriends paycheck because her mother was broke at that moment. Despite all of her mother problems i was still trying my best to make this relationship work. 1 week ago her mom called her and said that she has found a better guy who can take care of my girlfriend very well and he wont controll her and stuff. Her mother found the guy from facebook and sent information to my girlfriend about that guys. Couple days ago her mom and new guy from facebook showed up at my house while i was at work and took her and all of her stuff out of my apartment.

The guy mother found on facebook does not have house himself and he is going to live in my ex girlfriend parents house. Once I figured out about this i was really angry and sad but i had no choice except letting her live her own life.

problem is i still love her way much and i feel like she will try to come back after 6 months or so after figuring out that she is not happy at her parents.

She still text me once a day or so telling me what she is doing and stuff.

But we dont voice call each other.

What do you guys think !should i wait for her to get fed up from her family and than contact me to take her back or i should try to forget her and start a new life.

Your ex's mom seems to be very manipulative and she also has a great influence on your ex GF. I'm really sorry to tell you that you can't do anything because that was your ex's choice. Relationship is not only telling how much do you love each other, having sex and living together. Relationship means protection, actions, trust, and putting the other person before anyone else. If she was so easily influenced to leave you for a guy who HER MOTHER FOUND on facebook, think about it for a second. Would you leave your SO for someone else who you never had met in reality? If she loved you so much, she has had to tell her mom to stop ruining your relationship. You're old enough to start living on your own without parents. She isn't a little child anymore and her mother had to accept the reality. But neither she did it, nor your ex protected you. She choose to leave you for another arranged relationship. You seem to be a nice and caring person. You need someone who will always put your before anyone else. Even family. Don't be surprised if one day she comes back to you, crying and apologizing for everything, after she has already got to know her new arranged BF. May be her mother defines him as "caring" because he has accepted to live with her family. In this case, her mother doesn't give even a single f*ck about her daughter but about living with her and controlling her. Stay away and find someone who trully appreciates and loves you. Someone who will protect you even from their family.

My Girlfriend mom is very controlling

As is often the case, you've got it backward - your thread should be titled "My Girlfriend permits her mom to be controlling".

Your ex is a 21-yr old adult, capable of her own choices and decisions. That she allows her mom to make those decisions for her is no one's fault but her own.

She's certainly not relationship material, time to move on...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 3
ChanSummary

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

Love this quote. :) Rixvan, give yourself time. Do something worthwhile, like a sport. Go out with your friends. Do what you love doing, until you forget her. She doesn't deserve you.

• Like 1
jamesholver
Hello I am 22 asian guy and my girlfriend is 21 and she is Native American.i have a long story to share but i will try to be specific as possible.

I met my ex-girlfriend on facebook, by that time she was senior in high school and i was working full time after finishing my high school. I was making 5K a month. My ex parents figured out about our relationship and they were okay at that moment. After 6 months in our realtionship my girlfriend started complaining about her parents treating her bad and giving her extremely bad headache. She cried to me on phone every single day. I was allowed to visit her 3 to 4 times in her mother house. I saw my girlfriend situation was getting very bad and she was having terrible time there. She asked her parents if she can move in with me. Her mom cried and said she lives her and she wont be able to love without her and that i (me) need to start living also in her mother house. Basically her mother was trying that i move up there and spend my life with their daughter in their house. But i did not agree wth that. After 1 more month my ex mom agreed and my ex-girlfriend finally moved in with me at my apartment. We were doing fine in our realtionship for one whole year at my place( except her mother calling and seeing her very often). but unfortunately her mom started complaining to her that' she is missing her, and she is devastated without her.

My girlfriend was needing to see her mom twice a week. ( her mom was living 76 miles from my location and it was not easy for me to take my girlfriend that far twice a week ). I talked to my girlfriend about it and she got mad and said that her mother is right and that she wants to spend more time with her. I made myself feel okay with that situation, but after one more month her mother starting teaching her stuff that will interfere in our relationship. Like she started telling my girlfriend to call her twice a day and text her hundred times a day and stuff. Her mother eventually started taking half of my girlfriends paycheck because her mother was broke at that moment. Despite all of her mother problems i was still trying my best to make this relationship work. 1 week ago her mom called her and said that she has found a better guy who can take care of my girlfriend very well and he wont controll her and stuff. Her mother found the guy from facebook and sent information to my girlfriend about that guys. Couple days ago her mom and new guy from facebook showed up at my house while i was at work and took her and all of her stuff out of my apartment.

The guy mother found on facebook does not have house himself and he is going to live in my ex girlfriend parents house. Once I figured out about this i was really angry and sad but i had no choice except letting her live her own life.

problem is i still love her way much and i feel like she will try to come back after 6 months or so after figuring out that she is not happy at her parents.

She still text me once a day or so telling me what she is doing and stuff.

But we dont voice call each other.

What do you guys think !should i wait for her to get fed up from her family and than contact me to take her back or i should try to forget her and start a new life.

Don't worry after 20 years you'll be regret and longing it's.