Grandmother stole money from my purse?

Alwaysthinkofme

Alwaysthinkofme

I've been going on dates recently off and on, with the same guy for a couple of weeks. Living with a crazy Grandmother has been very difficult and things haven't been getting out of hand till I started seeing a guy. Two times she has started arguments over keys and pointless things. The day prior in getting back from my evening out of getting ice cream I had $8 aside $120 in my purse. I know this because I've always been ocd when counting my cash. My Grandmother has been accused of stealing in the past from her other daughter who has been supportive of me getting out of here. Well..after hanging my bag up in the closet I went to go grab it before leaving and found my zipper wide open with $3 missing. I know..the amount wasn't a lot but, its the fact that it was taken from me behind my back. When I confronted her she had this guilty look and said, "I swear on my Mother's grave!" When going up to her room and peaking in her bag I found the three dollars that still smelled of my Victoria perfume that evening. (I sprayed my entire bag and money) I then went back and mentioned this to her to which, she gave me hell before my date and gave me 30 days to leave. Ever since coming back she has been up my ass and all of a sudden trying to fix my car that has issues. Calling up my Sister/Aunt, she described to me that she tends to steal things and lie about it, after that it is her word against yours. I don't know how to date or get through this without there always being some sort of **** up.. Can anyone land advice? She suffers from a huge mental illness..

If grandma has mental illness, she needs help.

If you are unhappy living with her, get her daughters to take over & move out.

• Author
Alwaysthinkofme

I've been busting my ass to get into college. I feel like all she can do is ruin things that going positive for me, one way or another. Her daughter just had a baby and there is no one to take that spot. I'm doing everything I can and don't have enough to move at this time or anywhere to go.

it's 3 bucks... she is mentally ill and an elderly lady as well as your elder, I'm not saying that stealing 3 bucks from you isn't stealing but it sure isn't worth the drama that will be created by you going up against a mentally ill elder..

Time to keep a closer eye on your money and try to get her Daughter on your side for future issues...

• Like 2

Where is your mother? She is your grandmother's other daughter, right? Why aren't you living with your parents?

I can understand why you are upset that your grandmother of all people stole from you but do you understand that if she really has a mental illness she is not doing this with the intention to ruin your life? You need some compassion.

• Like 2
  • Author
Alwaysthinkofme

I don't know it just gets under my skin and my heart ends up pounding.. My Mother was very abusive and there is no Father, I'm trying to have compassion but...its hard.. She has stolen money out of my Aunts/Sister (Her daughter, confusing I know..) jar she had sitting in her room before, so this has happened a few times. I guess the only thing to do would be locking every penny in a lock box and hiding the key under dirt or in clay.

Edited by Alwaysthinkofme
Mr. Lucky

You can buy a cheap safe at Walmart that will protect your cash from Granny's prying fingers.

I'll echo what the other posters have said - this seems to be about more than $3. There also doesn't seem to be much gratitude on your part over being provided a place to live...

Mr. Lucky

• Author
Alwaysthinkofme

I have been very grateful in thanking them and also pay half the rent here, managing what is needed in paying for my car, school, contributing towards groceries, cleaning, taking care of the fraud debt she has been struggling to solve, sitting for hours on the phone and resolving, repairing computer issues, hell..even rubbing her feet and doing pedicures. You are right..it is much more than $3..its stealing cash that I worked for that got me. I should have compassion for her, that is what I've gained from previous posters and understanding that this is something she struggles with. My mistake was making a big deal out of $3 when I should had let the situation go, but it made my blood boil. I bought a safe and will be keeping all money kept in there from here on out Mr Lucky. Thanks for the advice..

Edited by Alwaysthinkofme