Mom

Lilyana76

Yesterday, Easter Sunday, I received a call at 6:30 in the morning from my Dad. I had plans to meet up with my Parents for the holiday, and hide eggs with them for all the little ones.

He told me he had just woke up, and my mom was gone. She wasn't breathing. She passed away in the night.

My mom had been fighting leukemia for the last two years. I watched her go from a healthy vibrant woman of 61, to a frail and fragile 63. She wasn't the same, but she was not going to give up. After two years, on December 13th 2016 she was told she was cancer free. The leukemia was in remission. We were so blessed!

But still, her body had become weak and fragile. After countless rounds of chemo, and 4 stem cell transplants, she could hardly walk anymore, and her heart had taken a licking. As well as her whole immune system. She still fought, in and out of the hospital, multiple calls to 911 when she felt something wasn't right. She fought so hard. And I am so proud of her.

She's gone. I still haven't really wrapped my head around it. Today I go with my dad and my brother to the funeral home and make arrangements.

I'm not ready to say good bye. She was my best friend. My mom. I love her and miss her already. Gone too soon at 63.

• Like 2

I'm so sorry Lilyana. From the way you speak of her, it sounds like she was a great Mom to you. Sympathy & hugs from cyberspace.

• Like 1

(((HUGS)))) I've been there and my heart goes out to you and your family. A good mother, your best friend, as my mother was to me is one of the hardest losses in one's life.

• Like 3

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I too, lost my mom five years ago to cancer. She was 63 years old.

It is an ache that never goes away...

• Like 1

Hugs, Lilyana76.

Sending Love, Light, Comfort and Strength to you, your Dad and your Mom's loved ones; and, wishing your Mom a smooth transition without anything that could hold her back.

• Like 1
GunslingerRoland

I'm sorry for your loss.

The treatment for cancer is sometimes just as bad or worse than the actual disease.

• Like 1
GorillaTheater

I'm very sorry for your loss, Lilyana. My thoughts are with you and your family.

• Like 1

(((HUGS))) My heart goes out to you.Your mom sounds amazing. I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you love and wishes that you and your family find comfort at such a difficult time. :(

• Like 1
curiouslysearching
Yesterday, Easter Sunday, I received a call at 6:30 in the morning from my Dad. I had plans to meet up with my Parents for the holiday, and hide eggs with them for all the little ones.

He told me he had just woke up, and my mom was gone. She wasn't breathing. She passed away in the night.

My mom had been fighting leukemia for the last two years. I watched her go from a healthy vibrant woman of 61, to a frail and fragile 63. She wasn't the same, but she was not going to give up. After two years, on December 13th 2016 she was told she was cancer free. The leukemia was in remission. We were so blessed!

But still, her body had become weak and fragile. After countless rounds of chemo, and 4 stem cell transplants, she could hardly walk anymore, and her heart had taken a licking. As well as her whole immune system. She still fought, in and out of the hospital, multiple calls to 911 when she felt something wasn't right. She fought so hard. And I am so proud of her.

She's gone. I still haven't really wrapped my head around it. Today I go with my dad and my brother to the funeral home and make arrangements.

I'm not ready to say good bye. She was my best friend. My mom. I love her and miss her already. Gone too soon at 63.

Lily, I am so sorry for you and your entire family. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I literally adore every thing about my Mom and

have dearly loved her every minute of every hour that I have lived. Words

seem hollow at a time like this but cherish the memories and never forget

what she means and meant to you.....

curiouslysearching

Sorry for the quick follow up reply but....maybe this thread will make

each of us take a moment to reflect on the people will love in our lives...

true love can last through all of eternity so never doubt the love you have

for others because it matters and is the most important thing in life

I am so very sorry for your loss. Words cannot express. Tears were flowing as I read your post because I can't even imagine losing my mother. My heart goes out to you and your family during this difficult time. :(

• Like 1
amaysngrace

You could hear the love in your words and your mom was very blessed to have a daughter who loved her so much. And you were blessed to have her too.

Wishing better, brighter days for your entire family.

xo

• Like 6

I am so sorry for your loss, Lilyana.

Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep

By Mary Elizabeth Frye

Do not stand at my grave and weep

I am not there; I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow,

I am the diamond glints on snow,

I am the sun on ripened grain,

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,

I am not there; I did not die.

Source: Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Famous Death Poem

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Redact duplicate content
  • Like 5
curiouslysearching

Lily,

I woke up thinking about you and what you are going through the next

few days. These are chaotic days with so many things to situate and

people to see. It is the time when everyone has gone home and you are

alone that it really hits you. Please know that you are not alone and that

you will have lots of emotions running through you. Close your eyes and

take a deep breath and remember all the love and special moments that

you two shared with one another. My hope is that these thoughts will

ease your heart and mind

• Like 2

Am very sorry for you.

My mother passed in 2015 and I still miss her much even though we fought a lot.

• Like 2
  • Author

Thank you everyone for your kind words and sympathies.

Today was tough, we had a meeting with the pastor of my mothers church. We all shared happy memories, and made choices about the music and such. My daughter will be singing amazing grace. Her grandma's only wish was that she sing at her funeral. I hope and pray she is strong enough to do it.

We also went through some of my mothers personal things, clothing, jewelry and such. It was difficult. My dad kept asking me what I wanted, and I just felt like I wanted nothing. It was mom's, it IS moms, I can't take it.

I made a video set to music and pictures of my mom. It's so sad, yet, so perfect to watch, and see her life unfold via photos. There is a tremendous hole in the world without her. Not sure my mind had totally processed it all. I haven't had my "break down moment" but I suspect it won't come until after the services, and everyone has gone home.

Everyone please, hug your mothers tight. They aren't here forever, and once they are gone, every stupid fight, argument or disagreement means nothing. But every "i love you" and "i'm sorry" not said, leaves a massive hole of regret.

• Like 10

I am so very sorry for your loss. Losing one's mother is very hard. I don't know what it is about mom's. Dads' are very important, but, losing my Father was nowhere near as hard as losing my mom. My deepest condolences.

• Like 2

Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep

By Mary Elizabeth Frye

Do not stand at my grave and weep

I am not there; I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow,

I am the diamond glints on snow,

I am the sun on ripened grain,

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,

I am not there; I did not die.

Source: Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Famous Death Poem

I think this is one of the best poems ever written to help the grieving.

• Like 3